ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Options for disabling custom sounds.
Hi
The kiai was added with the best intentions and I really like it when people use it correctly, but this addition to the game is so commonly mistreated as a place to show off their favorite music.
Especially dubstep...
When I play Toribash I do so with the default music off so I can listen to my own playlist, which I assume others do as well.
I still need the general sounds from Toribash to know when it's my turn or to not forget I exist after I tab down, so muting Toribash fully would not do it.
As you might have guessed or experienced, the problem comes when you're basically forced to listen to two songs at the same time..
Then they announce grab-sounds and dq-sounds.... and ofc people jam in their music on these 3 items, making playing and listening to music terrible.
Then as the match finishes, they're all played back and forth over each-other multiple times.

Delegalize dubstep

Please include multiple options for disabling custom sounds or create some system for regulating what people put in there.
The latter would be the best from my perspective, although not that realistic I guess.
Last edited by Hattersin; Oct 25, 2014 at 03:08 PM.
PM me with any and all questions
there actually is a gui that can let you disable certain sounds, like kiai, win, etc.

i forgot how to activate it, it's not in the menu
Yeah, I believe I know what you're talking about. This disables all sounds of that sort though.
For example it would remove all kinds of hit-sounds if I disabled that, custom or default.
There's no option for removing the custom sounds alone, which are causing the problem.
Ctrl+Y

If you want to mute kiai uncheck "Ready"
If you want to mute hit sounds uncheck "Hit"

If you want to disable someone's sound go to "Custom/name of the player", delete the sound, and make the folder Read only

Profit!
Last edited by YuenSiu; Oct 25, 2014 at 02:16 PM.
That doesn't solve the problem though. As I said before removing hit sounds removes all hit sounds, not just custom ones.
Sounds were put in the game for a reason, people want them there and they serve a purpose.
As I understand it, most people who buy and use the custom sounds for music play muted, and it only affects people who play with sound on, who hate it.
Don't you see how unfair this is?

Personally, it's entirely unreasonable to edit every single folder for every player I meet..

You have no idea how time consuming that would be

Besides, this would stop updates on textures.
Last edited by Hattersin; Oct 25, 2014 at 03:03 PM.
Perhaps there is something that can be done about that, or there is some super secret command we forgot about on the spacecraft mainframe.

Worst comes to worst I really don't see why this couldn't be implemented because I'm more then sure that a number of people are probably having this issue.

Just a toggleable option would be easier then editing everyones custom folder....which is probably already done in one of the layers of hell.

#endthedubstep
Originally Posted by Insanity View Post
Does toribash have sound? WoW

Some players do play with sound. I'm not one of them and for certain deranged reasons I uploaded terribly terrible hitsounds from Saya no Uta on me (which I don't hear since I have sounds off), but other people suffer. I think an option to disable custom sounds would be only reasonable. I used to keep kiai/win/dq on until I was absolutely tired of some annoying sounds (and bored of my own), then I turned 'em off.

[re] | #Polska
qui hic minxerit aut cacaverit, habeat deos superos et inferos iratos
Any updates on this. I've been playing for a day and the custom sounds are already annoying the hell out of me. Some guy had some sort of loud circus music. Had to leave a good room cause of one player. He seemed to keep spamming the music.
Originally Posted by tcsShark View Post
Any updates on this. I've been playing for a day and the custom sounds are already annoying the hell out of me. Some guy had some sort of loud circus music. Had to leave a good room cause of one player. He seemed to keep spamming the music.

What will make it even worse is that these hit sounds randomly duplicate onto your Tori, so now you may end up hearing them every single game you play
Sound is off in my toribash since that awesome "Game Over" voice got cut out, one day I turned it on and damn ppl really messed up with this. I just think that people need to be more resonable even with their complains, I really don't care if a Kiai is some kind of dubstep or my favorite song, if it's loud, poorly edited or kind of I will hate it at the same level, please do not try to make this some kind of shortcut to put music that YOU don't like down.

Other than that I 100% support this, like some kind of option like this

New match:

Tori
[]Default Sound
[x]Custom Sound

Uke
[x]Default Sound
[]Custom Sound

Or something similar, so you can shut the hell up of those you don't like and still hearing well edited custom sounds.