Toribash
Original Post
High stakes tourney
What if there was a public tourney (or a 1,000 chi+ tourney [something along those lines]), where when you got in, you could optionally /en and pay a 5k entrance fee. The tourney then combines all of the money it took from each player, and puts it into a tourney. It would also reset every hour or so, maybe every 40 minutes. But, I'd suggest you make it more than 20. Also, this way you aren't flooding the community with tc, instead you are just transferring it. I feel as though it may even slow down the inflation a bit. Anyway, there are probably a lot of holes/ways to improve this idea. Fire away if you think it'd be cool, and include any improvements to it!
JollyRogers
Sparky is a 317 pound Hump-Back Whale
Love this idea, it's like a giant duel. But I would lower the entrance fee to maybe 1k-2k

Chuck Norris is jealous of my mad skills
Are we not going to discuss the possibility of different wages per server? We already have the tournies setup to where it will give out varying amounts of TC per belt. So why not do the same here?
Although. I really like this idea, because it doesn't produce any TC whatsoever, thus not inflating the market.
Valterain1 was defeated by hermaphrodite on Oct 17, 2015.
That'd also be a very nice idea. Create like 3 different rooms with wagers of 2k, 5k, 10k?
Also, I feel like ABD would be the mod to go with considering it's the one that is most commonly used in bet servers. we could also have another for boxshu_mushu_v3
JollyRogers
Sparky is a 317 pound Hump-Back Whale
what about a reward for every win? seeing as getting 2nd place in a tourney doesn't really reward you right now, it could be an improvement.
Originally Posted by Raid View Post
That'd also be a very nice idea. Create like 3 different rooms with wagers of 2k, 5k, 10k?
Also, I feel like ABD would be the mod to go with considering it's the one that is most commonly used in bet servers. we could also have another for boxshu_mushu_v3

i suggest to check hellcell mods too for this
Originally Posted by sSLight View Post
what about a reward for every win? seeing as getting 2nd place in a tourney doesn't really reward you right now, it could be an improvement.

I like Light's idea (not just because we're clan mates). I find it to be dumb that you aren't rewarded for getting second place in 5000 TC Tourneys. Maybe a reward of 1k for getting second place would be cool for those.

For this. I love the idea. I don't know if I'd personally participate in something like this. But I'm sure others would, and would love it. A second place reward would be good too. Some personal tourneys held in private servers do that. I won and got I think, 30-40k for the win. And second place got 15-20k. Regardless if I didn't win, I still got 15-20k for making it that far. It made me very happy.

"Dear reader, I hope this email finds you before I do."
Originally Posted by Raid View Post
What if there was a public tourney (or a 1,000 chi+ tourney [something along those lines]), where when you got in, you could optionally /en and pay a 5k entrance fee. The tourney then combines all of the money it took from each player, and puts it into a tourney. It would also reset every hour or so, maybe every 40 minutes. But, I'd suggest you make it more than 20. Also, this way you aren't flooding the community with tc, instead you are just transferring it. I feel as though it may even slow down the inflation a bit. Anyway, there are probably a lot of holes/ways to improve this idea. Fire away if you think it'd be cool, and include any improvements to it!

Supported.
It's basically a group duel, and that concept I love. Like poker. Everyone gives in some money, and one person comes out with all of it.
Silver Elite Master. Fml.
Ele | Morals | JackMorris
http://forum.toribash.com/showthread.php?t=402759

Seems pretty much like this idea I came up with ages ago.
It got some decent attention but never resulted in anything.
#killthatgirl
RIP ROCK09