Toribash
Original Post
Grabbing? In an Archlurps replay?
If you know my style from when I last played more frequently, you know I don't do a lot of grabbing in my replays. Knowing it can be used for nubclaps and the sort just put me off it, and for a long time I couldn't even use the function discreetly. Now after a long while I think I've made a replay (three versions of it actually) in which I do exactly that.

Insult to injury: I don't usually post these sorts of "unfinished combos", since I having gone for not style but also continuity they rarely work as shorter less destructive replays (or ones with less strikes anyways). I decided to make an exception in this case because of the head catching. Notice the near-perfect, near-complete circle of blood on the floor (if you have shaders on).
Ergonomic neck support: This time I landed the kick without getting carried away and demolishing uke so badly I couldn't position him for more strikes. But right after that, I stroke a punch and got carried too far from uke. I tried to dismember one last joint by throwing a glute, but as anyone who's tried that knows, that's almost impossible. Before discarding the replay I noticed that uke was leaning on his dismembered glute like on a pillow, so I again made an exception and saved it.
Reborn: This is what I was going for with the whole replay. I said "YES" out loud when I finally got that punch (the one separating the limbless abdomen from the one-armed torso) where I wanted it. The name refers to the fact that I grabbed in a replay I rank among my better ones for the first time in a long while. Now if I just could decapitate uke...
Attached Files
2 insult to injury.rpl (329.7 KB, 24 views)
2 ergonomic neck support.rpl (268.3 KB, 22 views)
2 reborn.rpl (321.2 KB, 24 views)
Last edited by Archlurps; Oct 17, 2009 at 03:22 PM. Reason: forgot to upload replays -.-'
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!
Insult to injury cool : D headballing
the kick is awesome too the pose again is strange 8/10
ergonomic neck support.rpl too bad you missed the decap but you couldve* put the damage to 1 in the game rules so the glute throw
coldve been an archery but then the punches were amazing 8/10
Reborn:well done! that was like the same as above but it was the best of all the pack the pose is a lot better too 9/10
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
overall 8.5/10
edit:
*typo
Last edited by sprytryne; Oct 18, 2009 at 10:01 AM. Reason: DAMMIT TYPO
Insult: The combo was decent, and the headballing could've been a little longer. I wouldn't mind even if you had to grab it (but no more than 5 frames). Also, for the final hit of the headballing, you should try to kick it high up into the air, instead of along the ground. It just makes things cooler. Speaking of blood circles, mind if I link you to a replay of mine with a perfect blood circle?

Ergoblablabla: Pretty sweet combo, too bad for the decap.

Reborn: Another pretty sweet combo. Kinda twitchy going into the pose IMO. Btw I got the decap.
Attached Files
notDJ-ArchiGotZeDecap.rpl (147.6 KB, 15 views)
Last edited by DeeJayy741; Oct 18, 2009 at 10:57 AM.
ohai archlups Been a while.

I wont lie, I was hoping for more with these, but they werent too bad.

7/10 for the first, I like that you played with the head, but the rest of it was meh for me.
7/10 for second, nothing special to me about it.
8/10 for the last. My favorite.
Organisation of Awesome: Member.
Originally Posted by DeeJayy741 View Post
Insult: The combo was decent, and the headballing could've been a little longer. I wouldn't mind even if you had to grab it (but no more than 5 frames). Also, for the final hit of the headballing, you should try to kick it high up into the air, instead of along the ground. It just makes things cooler. Speaking of blood circles, mind if I link you to a replay of mine with a perfect blood circle?.

Fire away.

Originally Posted by sprytryne View Post
ergonomic neck support.rpl too bad you missed the decap but you coldve put the damage to 1 in the game rules so the glute throw coldve been an archery but then the punches were amazing 8/10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
overall 8.5/10

lol, I honestly forgot the settings had to be different for self damage thanks for reminding.

Originally Posted by deady View Post
ohai archlups Been a while.

I wont lie, I was hoping for more with these, but they werent too bad.

Sure has. I know myself that these aren't my best (although in the better half of my replays), especially the first two, since they mere more like failed attempts at the final one with gimmicks. Still, this for me marks the fact that I'm back in (some degree of) touch.
I refuse to grab.
-
Like CnC? Most people do. Be a dear and spread the love!