ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
Why do you feel the need to tell others whether their philosophical findings are correct or not? As long as their philosophies don't lead them to harm themselves or others, I really don't think it's healthy to be a philosophy judge. It's all subjective.

For instance... imagining a better world for all and comparing that to the current state of affairs isn't an... "error," whatever that means. It is the basis on which so many of us gain the motivation to raise the standard of life for all. Bending your perspective until you believe our world is perfect is fine and dandy for the privileged individual, but doesn't help anyone with less.

Debate and discussion are always welcomed.

Myself and other individuals I'm attracted to are those ready and open for their ideas to be presented and even challenged. That will take your belief, my belief to a higher level when this reflection practice is done appropriately. I think this is absolutely healthy and required to better oneself.

Your second statement, I did not ask to compare your life to current affairs. I simply state to create a better world right now and have it be the current affair.

Privilege and labeling individuals as this is a weak conclusion. It's merely the ego/mind trying to comprehend something through a surface level perspective. But again I agree with you there as well, because it is a privilege to control your life. But unlike other discussions about privilege, this one is granted to everyone. Everyone can choose how to feel at any moment in time.

No one is "less" than someone else. Everyone is equal with this power of choice. One may have more material assets or a greater social impact. But freedom to choose how to react to the external is endowed in everyone.

Foundation of Life 3

To go far one must live like they have already reached the destination. Ego does not like this kind of effort, because it likes insufficiency. As soon as one is full, there is another thing, almost always material it wants.

To have a miracle in your life you must seek out the miracle in everyday actions and events. This is very humbling.

Take what I write and embody it now, to understand. Then analyze it analytically.

My goal as I write is to make my life easier with these reminders on how to live. I believe these will help you too. It is good enough for myself and worth writing for other people to read and critique.

Live easily, take on your challenges with love and care. Life has and will be here well after your body. Labeling life as difficult or hard or complicated is not productive. If you choose to agree with the ego's proposition of a hard knock life so be it. All power to you.

Conquer the world by first conquering yourself.
Last edited by DaVillain; Dec 30, 2020 at 04:53 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
I really don't think it's healthy to be a philosophy judge. It's all subjective.

Carrying this idea through I can see the death of competition and relativity, both deaths things leading to the destruction of direction and purpose in anything. I'm not inclined to believe anyone barring the most nihilistic and life-weary would get close the actual belief of everything being subjective, or without something held to be an objective metric and guideline. Beating children to death wouldn't be worthy of judgement, neither acceptable or discouraged, there's nothing to judge by except for the fleeting and illusory opinions, which amount to nothing objective, of others. You're outlining a destruction of a belief but someone can't really hold a belief through neither the negation or affirmation of anything at all.

That's a lot of words to say, "You don't actually believe this."
Last edited by PencilPusher; Dec 30, 2020 at 10:39 PM. Reason: dumb