Toribash
Original Post
Improved Duel Commands
Currently the duel system is basic to say the least. Our only command is
/duel <amount>
You can't set up a first to 3 duel with commands and you can't use items either so I think this needs a change.

/duel <amount> <amount of matches>
This would be the best of x games duel command. For example /duel 10000 5 means that whoever wins more out of five games gets the duel amount.

/duel <item>
Not sure if this command is possible but yeah this is basically an item duel command. The way it works is simple. Type in the command and you basically bet your specified item on yourself. The item will go to the winner in the end. Now this is not a failproof command as you can see. How do you make sure that you get something aside from your item if you win? Our next command is there to solve that problem.

/selfbet <amount>
You bet an amount on yourself that goes to your opponent if you lose. This can counter the duel item problem.

/duel <item> <amount>
This is the same command as the other two just combined. You place your item and set the amount of TC your opponent loses if you win.

/send <amount> <player>
This is not really a duel command. Just a way to send TC in-game. A fast and convenient method.
NO TITLE
I can't really speak from a development-side of things, but I can at least refer to this topic through my own pov as a person that has a long history of duelling.

I don't really support this idea, automating a process that sometimes actually needs human engagement is not the way to go. I've had countless duels where someone pinged first turn, or had to leave the duel for an hour only to come back later. Both cases rely on some sort of empathy, which the automated process won't have. You pinged first turn? maybe even turn zero? this game is voided and either it goes void with tc (like self-betting on yourself in a bet server and pinging) or you lose a point that you can't take back. This to me takes away the spirit of duelling and doesn't really serve enough purpose to put dev time towards.

Then again there are people supporting it, so maybe there is a bigger point I'm missing.

The tc sending command is handy, but it'll just end up a thing new players report for being lured into doing
Originally Posted by melrose View Post
I can't really speak from a development-side of things, but I can at least refer to this topic through my own pov as a person that has a long history of duelling.

I don't really support this idea, automating a process that sometimes actually needs human engagement is not the way to go. I've had countless duels where someone pinged first turn, or had to leave the duel for an hour only to come back later. Both cases rely on some sort of empathy, which the automated process won't have. You pinged first turn? maybe even turn zero? this game is voided and either it goes void with tc (like self-betting on yourself in a bet server and pinging) or you lose a point that you can't take back. This to me takes away the spirit of duelling and doesn't really serve enough purpose to put dev time towards.

Then again there are people supporting it, so maybe there is a bigger point I'm missing.

The tc sending command is handy, but it'll just end up a thing new players report for being lured into doing

You can just give up a point if your opponent pings though. Wasn't pinging bad either way? Do you really want to scrap the TC sending command just because new players can be scammed with it? Then delete duel command as well since new players can be trapped into a duel too... There are a lot of features like that if you think about it. For example buying toricredits is allowed even though illegal sellers can easily fool newbies
I haven't put much thought into the self-betting command I admit that tho
NO TITLE
i like this idea im not a dueler, but i like to think about how it will work.

so soras suggestion could be boiled down to two commands

1. the send command, to transfer currency, i don't see why it shouldn't transfer items too tbh

/send <amount|item> <player>
pretty straight forward, abusing this command to scam noobs with should not be an issue as you can maybe make it a toggle that is disabled by default and you have to go on the forums to enable it whenever you want, you can also put a massive disclaimer when someone enables it, you can do the same thing with the duel command too, im not too keen on "forum walling" features but if safety is a concern i don't see why not.

or maybe make it an in game inventory feature, so its clear that you are sending your money/items to someone else, and not just typing a silly command in chat.

2. the improved duel command, to duel currency or items.

/duel <p1 amount|item> <p2 amount|item> <wins>
this is an all in one command for all of your dueling needs.

if you want the classical dueling experience you had use it as follows:

/duel 20KTC
that will put everyone into spectators and they have to enter if they accept the duel.

if you want a first to 3 duel:

/duel 20KTC 20KTC 3
the first parameter being the amount of TC the player who entered the duel command is offering the second parameter is the amount player who enters into the duel is offering, this introduces uneven duels like 20KTC vs 10KTC not sure if duelers do that, could be fixed by typing it differently maybe.

like this:

/duel 20KTC 3
if you want an item duel first to 3:

/duel "Void Force" "Pure Relax" 3
item values vary alot, maybe tier lock it or just let players go crazy.

if you want item vs currency first to 3.

/duel 100KTC "Pure Relax" 3
or

/duel "Demon Force" 100KTC 3
could be TC fixed to shop prices,

if you want multiple items in your duel you just add a plus sign.

/duel "Demon Force"+"Void Relax" 200KTC 3
or just put them in a set and do.

/duel "Set:Duel" 200KTC 3
if you want to mix items and currency in your duel you just add a plus sign.

/duel "Demon Force"+20KTC 100KTC 3
i think this covers most cases except when players give someone a win advantage, maybe could be added like this.

/duel <p1 amount|item> <p2 amount|item> <wins> <p1 advantage> <p2 advantage>
its getting really silly now, sorry i had to go full nerd with this.