Toribash
Original Post
A Huge Suggestion
So, i've had this idea in my head a couple weeks now. I started making it up in my head, when i talked about my friends about toribash and tried to recruit them, but they all said no, and justified their opinion the same thing:
There's nothing you can buy to improve yourself in the game, only cosmetic upgrades, so you can't feel op without being great at the game.

So, let's jump in, this is what it's all about:

A new gamemode, which would be a bit mortal-combat-ish (health bars) with the normal toribash 3d physics, but with a twist:
you could buy yourself armor and weapons with tc, or some other currency. The items should be available at the torishop or maybe another shop, and have a Qi requirement, so it won't get that pay 2 win (ik that you can buy Qi with real money though). I think, since there are so many item-makers trying to get their items to the torishop, it wouldn't be that hard to get some nice weapon/armor skins.

So, what i've been thinking about the functions:

Weapons:
-Different weapons would do different kinds of and different amounts of damage, for example hammers could only fracture joints, not dismember, but maybe do some more damage on joints like knees and other bony parts, than swords (which could maybe deal more damage to the areas in between the joints, and if dealt enough damage with, dismember some parts)

Armor:
-Armor would protect amount of damage for the part of body it protects, and then break, for example if some1 hits your head for 60k damage, and your helmet can protect for 50k damage, the helmet breaks and you lose 10k health
-Armor would only break for rest of the round, and be repaired for the next one

Also, i know this is a huge suggestion, and the toribash team has so much bugs to fix etc, that this propably won't come true. It's just this little idea i've had in mind, and wanted to share with ya'll.
It could just be a completely different game. "Mortalbash" or something like that. But I don't think it would happen, even if it did happen not many people would play it because it isn't skill based at all and it would be pay to win. If your friends are not joining toribash for the reason of there is no upgrades to make themselves better, then they just don't have enough patience for the game.

Not Supported
Frogs never die.
No more people in my sig.
your trying to turn toribash into something i feel it wasn't meant to be, weapons are fine but a helmet that lasts 50k points and when it breaks you lose "health" seems to me like you want to turn toribash into an rpg/adventure game instead of just a fighting game, and besides putting hammers and swords in makes it seem like you have to buy it (if you did't have to why not just use a mod) and that would take away of my favorite part about toribash that everything about the game itself is fair, there isn't stats or anything; it just comes down to your skill as a player, adding this would take away from that factor making it just like all the other generic games out there.

if you couldn't tell by my rant not supported.
"I don't need a safety word because my mother didn't raise no quitter." ~BaraYaoi - BDSM Expert