ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
It's dueler aspirations. You are right there are not many big ones but everybody wants to make a lot of tc meaning that most games consist of constant lifts and Esport tactics. This game is made for creativity yet to be decent you don't need to do much.

Don't fucking complain about lifts if you're lifting other players yourself. That's just being a hypocrite.
[insert generic quotes from certain players]
...and this is how every thread goes, so you may get an idea why community is dying out

Originally Posted by Reasge View Post
I remembered back in 2015 or 2016 I think, this game was like very amazingly crowded. I even play this game religiously. So what happened to the game now? Did it die or something?

On a real note, mid 2014-2015 was the peak time for Toribash due to the huge activity spike we got from Steam release + some big youtubers covering the game. After that the game has been pretty much stagnating so the community went on a decline - old players stay and get more snobby, new users get smashed by learning curve.

I hope that changes we've been doing recently help though - in-game events and other stuff that's been added to Toribash definitely helped stop the playercount decline, but there's still more work to do to get a community of a 15+ year old game to grow again.

Also sorry we inconvenience some of you (demon and tbashboii), but you may have more luck staying out of trouble (and thus getting less issues with Toribash staff) by not scamming or being toxic/racist towards other players. Like, you know, being decent people?
Last edited by sir; Mar 12, 2021 at 05:19 AM. Reason: Fixed a link
there aren’t many “big” fun events anymore

one that i can think of off the top of my head is the march madness event from 2014

was a fun and refreshing event that had to do with the release of new 3d items and it was exciting

nowadays events are just 1v1 tournaments and “make a good replay with this opener made by fred for the 15th time” and glorified clan wars

yeah clan league and wc are cool but where’s the fun?
Originally Posted by skizz View Post

one that i can think of off the top of my head is the march madness event from 2014

was a fun and refreshing event that had to do with the release of new 3d items and it was exciting

nowadays events are just 1v1 tournaments and “make a good replay with this opener made by fred for the 15th time” and glorified clan wars

im working on it ok

This isn't so bad when I remember when the event board had threads from a year ago in page 1 and no replay events for months
oh yeah

I'm saying this from a view point of the staff a couple years back. About the events, you can shoot any ideas to the ES. When I was running around with a purple username, members of the community kept asking for head textures of the month to come back. There was a stretch of months that I was the one running it, and I tried to focus some events towards art. WeppetKo for instance was a constant top 2 finisher and was able to sell the art he created after winning. That was only brother back because people asked for it to come back.
If you have ideas on events and they are plausible, approach the event staff about some fun ideas.
Or try to host your own events.
Sleep did it recently with the Mod Gauntlet event and I think it was a fantastic event! He wasn't staff when he started it, so I'll say it was a normal player running it.
. LETS GET FUCKED UP
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Also sorry we inconvenience some of https://forum.toribash.com/showpost....postcount=4you (demon and tbashboii), but you may have more luck staying out of trouble (and thus getting less issues with Toribash staff) by not scamming or being toxic/racist towards other players. Like, you know, being decent people?

Yeah it's me and demons fault the game is dead not because you have no clue what you are doing
Originally Posted by Raven View Post
The fact that you people turned this game into a simple way to make money is your own fault. You guys left because your easy money scheme got shut down. The game died not because of staff but because you all turned the game into something that lacked any sort of creativity. When 95 of matches are lift battles or chasing runners because they don't want to lose money there is a problem. Staff just didn't know how to fix what they started. It was greed that ruined the game not staff. You wouldn't be worried about getting banned if your soul goal wasn't just to make as much money as you can in a game like this.

This is honestly the biggest reason imho.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
I'm back on that bull like the cowboy
[Zero] [Parrot] [NOT] [TANG]
akina | oaky | haku | max | suka | static
Originally Posted by sir View Post
Also sorry we inconvenience some of https://forum.toribash.com/showpost....postcount=4you (demon and tbashboii), but you may have more luck staying out of trouble (and thus getting less issues with Toribash staff) by not scamming or being toxic/racist towards other players. Like, you know, being decent people?

i acknowledged i'm a nuisance already, i find it (being a nuisance) funny so u attacking my character means nothing to me (I'm just trying to have a good time!)

also barely any of what i spoke about was me getting banned lol i had like one line

Originally Posted by demon
i've been a nuisance but damn they rly quit trying to be fair in dealing with users

both of those things happened in the same one line and was more directed at the "out of sight out of mind" attitude it feels like higher staff have had for some time, not me getting banned because i probably (Very probably) said something that i thought would get a reaction

this guy gets it
Last edited by Derzai; Mar 12, 2021 at 01:38 AM.
Uh, I don't know, man. Probably, because Toribash is not hot enough for the new generation with a massive amount of AAA games in the market and the old generation just became... adults? I don't say we all got families to feed but probably most of us just concentrated on other things in our lives. 10-12 years ago this project was something ahead of its time. I mean, really, a game where you could realize yourselves in so many different disciplines and even crafts? With its own inner market? With a possibility to cash out? Want to try yourself in selling - start marketing, in management - go for a staff position, code? Go make a bot and profit on it, you may even become a game coder in some cases. Should I say about art? Crypto art thing is a hot topic nowadays but damn, I traded my art for tokens and tokens for money 10 years ago already. Of course, it's not like it gives you a master's degree but it definitely helps you to realize your potential in the subject, if you have some. But it's not something extraordinary in 2021, there are a lot of other games that offer you the same things but in a better shape, you know and Toribash, imo, didn't change generally in the past decade and it's not bad, probably, because I, personally, can't see how you can radically change it without leaving it what we know as Toribash. Maybe, finally, make a 2x2......................... I would not bitch about things like "they did something to duel n shit system" I believe Toribash offered pretty fair and democratic economic system, you can sell ingame tokens for USD and the only fee that will be paid is a transfer fee and it's in the worst case and the game itself is free so...
I don't think this is the case, that the moral attitude in the TB community changed even tho it did, because, for example, cs 1.6 has an enormous online even still yet the community of this game changed drastically.
I suppose, that things are more rational than emotional.
GLORY FOR UKRAINE