ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by pusga View Post
youre saying that 10 dudes on the internet have as much credibility as professional world historians
i am somewhat alarmed that you drew so many conclusions from an analogy between the world and an indie electronic kung fu game forum that is browsed by like seven 14 year olds. youre comparing the community to the planet and then sayin loads of thing s about the planet but i challenge you to say something about the community without reaching for farfetched analogies

anyway if i were to name eras i would probably make the contemporary era and not name it after anything, since a lot of times we dont know the stuff that is being done right now that will influence the community

I'm saying that they were the ones that were there when toribash was starting out, they passed down their knowledge of the beginning of toribash and the newer members took in that information. I never said that they were historians. What I'm saying is, is that they know the past more than any of us because they were the ones there. They're kinda like having Alexander the great here. Clearly Alexander would know more about ancient Greece than any of us today. Mostly because he was there, running it. In the same way Alexander knew Greece, the old fags knew toribash.

I never stated that what the old fags knew was 100% legitimate, all I said was that they passed down the events of the old toribash to the new members. This isn't that far fetched either, using your imagination and thinking is cool, try it sometime. Unless you'd like to say next that the newer members just came up with stories and that all of the old boards and threads are fake. Honestly if something an old member passes down isn't legitimate to your standards, you can go back on the forums and look up the exact event for yourself.

I'm sure not every player that wasn't playing toribash at the time of an events occurrence is a total novice on that time period. The day of the 14k spam bots? I'm certain that someone joined the game a month later and found out about it through word of mouth. Toribash on steam? I'm certain someone still got the game off the website with no knowledge that it was on steam, but figured it out by people talking about it and researching on the forums. Ranking reset and changes? I'm sure there's some white belt out there browsing the forum finding out that there was an old ranking system before their toribash career started, right now. Just because someone wasn't playing the game when a certain event happened, doesn't mean that they have no idea of it's existence.

Stay Fluffy My Friends | I do loans and shit
Founder of [ROT] | Destroyer of Anus
2006-paying gets you everything era
2009-tourney era
2010-new graphics era
2011-cheap items in market all out of stock era
2015-steam era
Last edited by jinmaster; Aug 25, 2015 at 12:59 PM.
Are you living the life you really want?
2010 was honestly the wibble-sesh, where basically everything was allowed and it even had moderators... also the year that the forums got reset about 4 months i think it was (correct me if im wrong, only remember that cause i made a new account instead of getting my old account back xD #RIPoldjoindate)
THIS WAS ORIGINALLY THE WORST SIGNATURE EVER, FOR YOUR SAKE IT WAS FIXED. ~ Vox
I can only start from 2009 since thats when I started

2009 You were like 14 so you're extremely nostalgic and think this was the golden era.
Also because you are pre 2k10 you are automatically an oldfag and better than everyone else. Now go rub it in someones face.

2010 Still kinda nostalgic so this is a great era as well because memory makes times golden. We will remeber rutzor

2011 We will remeber rutzor

2012 We will remeber rutzor also because you remember this year everything is shit and the community sucks

2013 We will remeber rutzor also because you remember this year everything is shit and the community sucks

2014 We will remeber rutzor also because you remember this year everything is shit and the community sucks

2015 everything is shit and we've forgotten about rutz
Last edited by cowmeat; Aug 25, 2015 at 06:54 PM.
Originally Posted by jinmaster View Post
2015-steam era

actually, mid-2013 was the steam era. toribash got on steam greenlight around june of the same year, so yeah, servers got flooded with newbies and such.

i don't even care about the other years, but 2015 certainly is the "all gms are corrupted basterds" era
Last edited by Arctic; Aug 26, 2015 at 02:17 AM.
That was really bad sorry.
Someone tell me why this guy is highly respected by some people ???
I only know eras in terms of replaymaking so I'll do that

2006-2007: Pioneering era (CheZDa, Noweb, Dafe inventing everything)
2008: Everyone sucked era
2009: Everyone's amazing era/Boomhit era (People who sucked in 08 don't anymore)
2010-2011: Realism era
2012-2013: Everyone wants to be Largekilla/Swexx era
2014-2015: Trying to be edgy ("Auteur") era
[12:00] <fudgiebalz> toribash SUCKS
Check my ~~~Dank Replays~~~