Ranking
Original Post
Rotation Joints
Yesterday, I realized why toribash isn't as realistic with motion as it should be, Rotation.

The way the game works right now, you are limited to a very small amount of realistic movement, if for example toribash had added rotation joints (such as forearms) it could be more realistic.

Im thinking like Left and Right rotations as well as relaxed and held, How neat is dat!?

I'm sure that this has already been adressed in the dev team, it would be a large difficulty to add more joints with timers in gamemodes (im probs just a slow clicker).

Please tell me what you think about my idea (or maybe someone else has thought of it before :3) and give me some general comments!
Not really necessary. Movement is fairly realistic if you know what you're doing.
I think I might be retired.
no, the wrists especially are not realistic, I support multi-axis joints on certain joints a single axis joint is not realistic but I don't expect this to get implemented mainly due to the controls unless something drastic like "toribash 2" came out with a new engine and such, that being said I will elaborate on ways this would be useful. First of all, weapon mods, modmakers have to decide whether which axis to have the wrist rotate on, this isn't realistic at all seeing how complex the wrist is with its range of motion. Actually before I go further with this, (if you want me to continue let me know,) why not allow modmakers to add more joints to the body this would solve this issue. and allow multiple axes of movement.
I do agree that the current movement is stiff, I mean we could have a lot more variety of motion but the real question is how long would it take to modify this to be in effect. you would need to completely re do the Toribash model to support this it's not an easy tweek to make. it would be nice, maybe it could be the thing of the future when this game has it's golden days again.
Signed and certified by RavWolf: guardian of the underworld.
I feel like it would be more realistic if they added more joints toes/fingers and just completely removing the old grab system and make you have to grab them with your fingers so there is no f**king grab glitches
Originally Posted by dabarrett View Post
no, the wrists especially are not realistic, I support multi-axis joints on certain joints a single axis joint is not realistic but I don't expect this to get implemented mainly due to the controls unless something drastic like "toribash 2" came out with a new engine and such, that being said I will elaborate on ways this would be useful. First of all, weapon mods, modmakers have to decide whether which axis to have the wrist rotate on, this isn't realistic at all seeing how complex the wrist is with its range of motion. Actually before I go further with this, (if you want me to continue let me know,) why not allow modmakers to add more joints to the body this would solve this issue. and allow multiple axes of movement.

Which would also require allowing modmakers to choose which joints align with which bodyparts on the whole
I don't support this.
I myself would love to be able to rotate joints, it would make the game easier for me.
but toribash is already pretty hard to learn.
most decent people have been learning for over 2 years
if the game is too complex and too hard to learn no new players would be interested. the game is hard enough already.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.
this will make toribash alot more complicated for new players
but it would make it easier for other people
-----
and if u just understand how joints work and be good at the game
you will be fine
like mafia said this wont be good for other players
when i started playing toribash i was like whaaaaaaaat daaaaaaaafuq is this ...... what do i do? how do i do? why do i do?
and game is already fucking hard if u havn't been playing for like a year or something
i say we leave the game as it is
Last edited by mody9; Oct 5, 2016 at 11:49 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Power Punch
Well,can be a nice idea.but can make some mods more complicated.Like grappling mods.I think what an option for allow this.This can be nice for make poses.
Supporterino
uvuvwevwevwe onyetenyevwe ugwemubwem ossas~
I read the curse word again, so I shall provide this:

Originally Posted by SkulFuk View Post
"Realism"

Tori's are around 20 meters tall, weigh several tons & can still move dismembered body parts.

If you want human looking body parts then try coaxing the forgers into making them, just keep in mind that it'll still be a pair of giant creature/robots/nfi shovelling each other out a 450 meter wide dojo ;)

Ignoring the "realism" stuff (although real giant robots would be cool), go read up on the ODE physics engine and check if it's actually capable of doing it.
Also you'd need to think up a way of controlling them without screwing up the current control system.
Also probably best to think up a way of handling the change which will completely breaking compatibility with older versions, alienating a larger number of players than you'd expect.

There's your to do list, get to it, have fun.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you