Ranking
Originally Posted by MariaVirgine View Post
The old way of doing hands I learned was using this kind of template:

Your way of doing it in a cube preview works so far for sketching ideas and having a better look at how things map out, but for refining it's way easier to do it in a square fashion.

Could you elaborate on the "I used this kind of template"?
I don't really understand, did you use 3d software with a cube and this UV layout? or did you just use this texture to sketch on and then stretched it, similar to what hug described?
I feel like using this kind of template would give me too much trouble as I often check back and forth with ingame, but I guess that's just some sort of habit of mine
0118 999 881 999 119 725 3
It's to draw and then stretch it out, yes. And you move/rotate the sides to draw the seams as well.

It's a new type of thing to learn, of course your way of doing it has pros and cons, same way the one I showed has the difficulty of having to picture what it looks in your head, but at the end is like drawing a head, you get used to it.

I don't know if it fits your way of doing things, after all what works works, and if you're not doing sets all the time it's probably more time consuming to adapt to.
it's a nice way of doing it and I'll definitely consider trying it for some testing.
Thanks for the idea/advice
thats the best thread ever. insane work done by tyler here! i do not draw often but be sure that the next time i'll make something i'll spend the time it need on it and won't stop untill i'm not happy with the result. thanks a lot for all those awesomme tips tyler!
Want a new head? i might be able to help you
This thread is god tier very nice tyler never become inactive man love to see your nice art hope you make more stuff.
Originally Posted by tyler112 View Post

"War"

Probably one of my favourite sets in the game, very clean. Amazing art as always!
Originally Posted by Chance
thats the best thread ever. insane work done by tyler here! i do not draw often but be sure that the next time i'll make something i'll spend the time it need on it and won't stop untill i'm not happy with the result. thanks a lot for all those awesomme tips tyler!

Aww thanks Chance
Glad to hear that I could inspire you at least a little bit can't wait to see what you come up with !

Originally Posted by Sandalphon
This thread is god tier very nice tyler never become inactive man love to see your nice art hope you make more stuff.

Thanks !
Sorry for being so inactive I lurk around in the forums a lot, but don't really do much. Eventually I'll work on something again ^^ maybe :P

Originally Posted by WeppetKo
Probably one of my favourite sets in the game, very clean. Amazing art as always!

This means a lot to me WeppetKo
Glad you like it ^^

I don't want to get anyones hopes up and I haven't even thought about starting it.
But since I work on Warhammer games IRL I was playing around with the idea of creating a khorne chaos warrior set in the future
Something like this:
https://totalwarwarhammer.fandom.com...orne_art_1.jpg

Other than working on warhammer games, one of the first set's that got me baffled when joining toribash was vermines warhammer set. I bet you'll remember that. Back then I didn't even know that this was warhammer related. but now that I do, I love the idea of creating a chaos warrior even more

Set

This would then to a degree be even a tribute to vermine
Update:

I couldn't help myself but to work on a chaos warrior as previously mentioned
I won't do a set just yet and I think the head will only truly shine when combined with a set, but I like it.

I still need to work on it to consider it done, but I can't be bothered currently ^^.
To add some more content for the intents of this thread, I recorded my progress.

This is the head:

If you want to know how I work exactly, the video shows about 6:25h in 6:25min.
So each second is about a minute in real time (except for the ending)
Things I need to mention during the process:
I created an action in photoshop to automatically mirror the half to the other side, open the save window and revert it afterwards to export with 1click.
Whenever you see me in one spot for a while it might be that I tried around with different mappings to get it look right in game, especially on the top part.

Last edited by tyler112; May 27, 2022 at 10:02 PM.