Toribash
so you guys ever use opera gx
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
Originally Posted by Maya View Post
I got downvoted for disapproving of harmful prejudices... because gamers generally don't give a shit about the struggles of disabled people, queer people, or women and don't want to hear about it. I'm not sure why I should care about that.

people generally agree with you

you're just kinda annoying about it
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
it's a videogame, have fun not war.

anyway, do we actually have a winner yet with the most upvoted and downvoted yet?
If people actually agreed with me they'd say something.
Nobody ever says anything. They even applaud the casual bigotry as being particularly humorous. You can say you actually care, but if you're just letting bigotry slide all around you, you obviously don't care. I wouldn't "be annoying" about it if there were a significant number of others who actually gave a shit too, if casual bigotry wasn't still a really prevalent issue, but it's so obviously not the case.

They care. It's just really not a big deal. I got my driving license and no one said anything. Not even my parents but that's not because they didn't care. Bigotry is kind of like racism you know. You have a skin color and you get called out. You don't have to be surprised and mad every time it happens. That's just how humans are.

Originally Posted by max View Post
it's a videogame, have fun not war.

anyway, do we actually have a winner yet with the most upvoted and downvoted yet?

No I'll keep this thread open for now and close it after we really confirmed the most downvotes and upvotes.
NO TITLE
Nobody ever says anything. They even applaud the casual bigotry as being particularly humorous. You can say you actually care, but if you're just letting bigotry slide all around you, you obviously don't care. I wouldn't "be annoying" about it if there were a significant number of others who actually gave a shit too, if casual bigotry wasn't still a really prevalent issue, but it's so obviously not the case.

Trust me on this one

absolutely nobody gives a shit about this until you brought it up for no reason
[insert generic quotes from certain players]
My more "controversial" posts (bigots triggered amirite?)

If you changed your delivery you'd get a better response.

I got downvoted for disapproving of harmful prejudices... because gamers generally don't give a shit about the struggles of disabled people, queer people, or women and don't want to hear about it.

Are you inferring that gamers can't be disabled, queer, or a woman?

The thing is when you can dig and find a bigoted motive (even if not intentional) in everything and get offended by it, it makes it really hard to take anything you say seriously because nothing is more annoying then having to walk on eggshells to prevent someone from going on a rant about how everything you do is a microaggression against someone else.

Educating people to be more mindful of others isn't a bad thing and I'm in favor of having the community be a open safe place where every user can enjoy themselves, but I'm not about to start telling everyone how they need to act because of my personal moral compass. I'm not their parent and I'm not anyone of importance to them, so who the hell am I to act like it? You catch my drift?
I’m open to being enlightened on the ways of preventing bigotry, as I am in no way an expert on spotting it unless it’s blatantly obvious. That may be the reason other members have bigotry pass under their radar as they aren’t properly educated on the topic. It may just be me not understanding the entire picture which is extremely likely, often I make jokes that would seem offensive to a certain demographic. Whenever I make comments like these I absolutely do not mean any disrespect towards the target as it’s meant to be humorous, and not meant to be taken seriously.

I think what Maya doing is completely fine, and relatively harmless. I can understand why people could find it annoying, I’ve been guilty of it myself, and while it can be overbearing at times, it could genuinely help somebody understand why something they or somebody else said is offensive or disrespectful.
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
why everything usually turning into some social justice things or whatever it's called, even if it's a thread about upvote/downvote things, i am so fucking dumb and don't have any idea why that happens so often these days, here is a goddamn chronos grip as prize!

update:
chronos grip is much more important than problems of american society in online game which gathers people from whole world
Last edited by T0n0mi; May 15, 2021 at 05:48 PM.
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds