ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Planned Downtime - Migration to New Server & vBulletin - May312007
Holla people

This coming Thursday May 31 2007 11:00AM GMT +8, we'll be scheduling a downtime to migrate our existing Web Infrastructure to a new server. This will cause some downtime, the system is likely to be down for hours starting Thursday May 31 2007 11am GMT +8. This downtime is necessary and required as it will enhance our connectivity and experience surfing our website. We assure you that all your data will be safe during this down time.

+ Some web services will be temporary down so we can migrate the databases to the new hardware
+ Game servers will be still playable and functioning
+ As we're expecting zero rollbacks and zero loss of data, the forum would not be functioning during the migration and will be online once DNS propagation completes
+ During the downtime, our latest movements will be posted on IRC @ #Toribash (QuakeNet)
+ oh yeah, we'll be porting over to vBulletin during this migration. :P

We have tested the new system as thoroughly as possible, but it is still conceivable that we will experience a few problems. Please feel free to point out problems on the message boards.

Note that the move requires a change to the DNS entry for toribash.com, expected total recovery time will be 6-48 hours, depending on DNS caching/propagation.
it is therefore possible that some of you will not be able to connect to the new server immediately. So, check back with us after 5pm GMT+8 May 31 2007.

All enquiries can be directed to the governors (Moderators/Administrators) of Toribash && email will also open for help, [email protected].

Best Regards,
byon
Re: Planned Downtime - Migration to New Server & vBulletin - May312007
Originally Posted by =PsYcHZ=
You still going to mod it with miney and buying items with the forum?
Also, isn't Invision power board better than vBulletin? You should look into that, unless you already bought vBulletin.

Yes.
No IPB is not better.
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Vbulletin is groovy, being a mod at Gametrailers gives me all sorts of fancy tools.
When will attachments be back up?
Originally Posted by Spamking
When will attachments be back up?

I'm sure that they would tell us if they knew. My guess is that once the move to the new forum is done, attachments will be up.
[22:26] million: someday, we're gonna destroy space-time
[22:26] million: I'd like to be partly responsible
Someone said sometime that the server staff take 24 hours to do each request or something. So I imagine the delays not the fault of the admins, rather there are lazy technicians ><
Q = QUAKER OATS
Three rules of Q - 1. Qegola and Quarantine both start with Q. 2. There is no U in Qegola. 3. Qegola is you new god.

So a man walks into a bar with a monkey. I forgot the rest of the joke but your mom is a whore.
weird... its practically a week later and theres still no changes... or downtime for that matter...
whats going on? are the tech guys just that lazy/overrun with work?

not being impatient... just curious as to whats going on with the forums... will the shift be officially delayed/ put off for a few more months?
...Months?!?!?

No, i think once we get the information we need, it will be done as soon as possible...

We are just waiting on them now, and really we cant wait a few more months, SMF isnt really upto the sheer number of users and posts you guys are coming up with

Once we get the details, you will know
<( O )>
Awesome! I can't wait for the new forum... it will be sweet... I hope
This is the Emergency Alert System. All normal programming has been discontinued during this emergency.
Can the new forum also ban any one who posts pivots here? :P
Neat, glad everything is up and running like normal.

Now to figure out how to replace this god awful forum skin. . .