Ranking
Original Post
Exend/Contract percentages.,
i think that toribash could be further nuanced by adding a percentage meter to extend/contract on joints, there is a big difference in what could happen between extending 50% and a full 100% extension, i think it would enable more realistic looking movements.
...or you could just extend for a few frames using shift+space then hold where you want your joint to hold. Someone already suggested something like this.

~not supported
Heart of Gold
^
Doesn't work in multiplayer.

I'd say this is a good idea for obvious reasons. The more control we have over the tories, the better.
'Doesn't work in multiplayer.

I'd say this is a good idea for obvious reasons. The more control we have over the tories, the better.'

In MP you could simply do /set tf # like that, (if you're an op) but otherwise, I have no offense against your idea but.

Not supported
hi
if you cant control your tori very well maybe you should get better instead of making the game easier
An option to determine the force of joints
Well, I thought about what is different between a real body and a tori.

And I noticed that the difference is that a real body is able to determine how much force he puts into his movement. Toribash only knows 4 options:

Relaxing
Holding
Extending
Contracting

But how realistic could the movement become, if we were able to tell the game how much force it shall put into extending your elbow? If we would be able to put it to 20%, for example, the tori wouldn't just extend it immediately and as fast as he can, he would do it slowly, which lets the whole move look way more realistic.

But this option would especially help you at keeping your balance in realistic walks etc.
It happens often enough that the force the tori puts into his move is just way too much that it screws up your balance, for example, turning your chest while running.

This might be a bit complicated to implement and it wouldn't help much in multiplayer, but it would be a good option to make realistic moves in parkours and spars way easier.
It is a good idea. Supported!
EDIT: yea, this idea is very good because in multiplayer you can use your joints in Wushu at a special percentage. I mean, you can make your tori be in standby. And then, make a kick/punch to send the enemy on the floor
Last edited by ESoldier25; Dec 23, 2014 at 04:11 PM.
You can already do this in single play by using the Turnframes to 1 and doing a combination of extending, relaxing and holding.
Originally Posted by FistofLife View Post
You can already do this in single play by using the Turnframes to 1 and doing a combination of extending, relaxing and holding.

Well, not perfectly. If you want a slow, constant movement, such a combination often looks as if the tori would shake, especially if you slow down the replay. It is possible, indeed, but very hard.

That's why I suggested this. I don't want to change the gameplay of this great game, I want to make it easier for everyone.

Especially when you spar, such hard thing can fail easily.