Ranking
Original Post
Clan League 2019
Hello, Clan League season starts soon and there has been some delay behind the scenes. So I've placed it on my "To Do" list.

It's almost the end of April now and 2018 started at the end of July. I'd prefer to have it start in the middle of May (since that gives me time to get things together) but if June or July is prefferable to everyone then that's easy to do.

Here's a link to an anonymous survery so I get some idea of what is generally wanted;
|SURVERY IS CLOSED|https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/LFMMJML |SURVERY IS CLOSED|
(It's 4 simple questions and a comment box, help me out here ok)

Results of survey are here, http://forum.toribash.com/showthread...6#post11614936
Last edited by Icky; Apr 29, 2019 at 12:11 AM.
pls pls pls include shitshu fuckshu mod best ever

#BESTMODEEVER

[s] [tgs] [w] [dp]
Clan League 2013 & 2019 Champion
don't excite me like that ever again .
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
glad staff hopped on the horse early
<[Alpha]Diamond> in short: you count pings, you run, you lick boots
This should help relieve a lot of stress later on, good on ya icky
Last edited by Donut; Apr 25, 2019 at 12:07 AM.
Pickled is alright
And fresh is quite a delight
Creati0n-approved
looking good, time to start
pm me your questions or applications

https://i.imgur.com/1GWtVnU.png

dance with my dogs in the night time
cash to burn
Ok, responses to SOME of the things that appeared in the comment box:

Everyone that had "no" or "nah" or something similar as a the response:

ok cool good to know.

Community mods can be fun but dumb mods arent really very fun in such a competitive setting

I was meaning community selected mods as in i stick up a vote for people to request mods to be used. Examples are mods like wushu3dome or greykido. Rather than mods that don't have a competitive base. (e.g. ballgore/jousting)

for the tournament not to die

same dude, same.

don't use boxshu randomshu mod. This is not e-sport

i mainly put this one in to respond to so i can make it clear that i don't like any instagib mod being in clan league. However, I don't and can't deny that it became a mod that has a solid competitive representation. It's also has a dynamic that doesn't appear in the other mods, so it's included. If someone makes a 'better' mod that becomes as popular, maybe there will be a change.

Stream the semifinals and finals. I suggest LesDuncan to be a commentator or anyone with incredible game knowledge.

Someone already poked me about this, and this is here so I'll point out that I don't mind anyone streaming commentary, or uploading matches with post commentary. At this current time I personally don't plan on organising anything with it because of things like work, GMT, and life in general means I'm not avaliable for 99% of the time these things will be played.

If someone reliable and amicable comes to the fore and I find them to be worth endorsing, I will do so.

Please PLEASE! fo giveaways or free stuff while the others are waiting

I'll look into it or something similar. But highly unlikely since I'm not representing ES and I am doing this myself. Extra things to organise are not on my to do list.

make the prizes worth it. a lot of players who will win this cl already have all the no qi items they want so it's not that special for them. perhaps a custom color

Custom Color is unlikely at this point in time. Perhaps I should have put a couple prize questions but covering all the possible bases would be a million questions long. I personally dislike doing the "CUSTOM 3D ITEM" prize because of how long things have taken recently. (Shout out to RA and Alpha for being as patient as they were)

all the ones that say hi

hiya.

can unoffical clans participate?

honestly, good question. Not something i have/had decided on cause i didn't think of it. I'll see if prior CL's have allowed it and whether or not it was a good call and then decide.

put effort into this CL please!!. Last year's got uninteresting really quick. and get allies smh involved

Can confirm I will be doing that. Last year was what it was. Dunno how I'd get allies involved somehow without a lot of work with clan squad and devs. So nothing like that will be considered for this CL. If you have ideas on how Clan Allies/Enemies should be expanded on in general, shoot your ideas to Erth and the Clan Squad.

Get community input, account must be in the clan 3 weeks prior to start, no alts

I'm trying, and it seems like it's working so far.

Alts are the most obvious issue considering what happened last year. I'm currently deciding how to punish the clan(s) and user(s) if i find alts or sharing at all.
Prior joining might be a reasonable idea. But will have to consider how difficult it would be to actually enforce. I'll ask Sir if he has recommendations.