ES Recruitment Drive
View Poll Results: Who's better, Nvidia or ATI?
Nvidia
109 Votes / 68.13%
ATI
51 Votes / 31.88%
Voters: 160. You may not vote on this poll
View Poll Results

Originally Posted by Voxus View Post
Well, I hope this isn't referring to my vote, I provided a few more sound reasons to favor nvidia :P

Not saying its your opinion. I mean most people voting on this thread have no experience with both brands. Specially no recent experience.
I'm pretty sure most of them are using an outdated mythological nonsense. ;)
Last edited by GenkiSudo; Jul 29, 2010 at 08:50 PM.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
i love nvidia i have the 8600 very good because run shaders in toribash(and ati)and run strong games tips:avatar and gta4.
Bushido aikido player - songwriter/composer - I draw stuff
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
Not saying its your opinion. I mean most people voting on this thread have no experience with both brands. Specially no recent experience.
I'm pretty sure most of them are using an outdated mythological nonsense. ;)

Originally Posted by felipao View Post
i love nvidia i have the 8600 very good because run shaders in toribash(and ati)and run strong games tips:avatar and gta4.

lolololololol
Originally Posted by GenkiSudo View Post
I see that early Nvidia propaganda is doing its job for a lot of people who don't realize that Nvidia had nothing special on their lineup for the past 3 years, and the prices were, like always, too high.

Now we have the outcome. ATI has finally surpassed Nvidia on discrete graphics market:

http://www.techpowerup.com/127565/AM...Shipments.html

This blows my mind, although it makes total sense once you think how popular the 5000's have been. (And how poor the gtx 400's were)

Nvidia used to be the top dog by far though, and since more people have older cards than the new ones, it'd make sense that impressions favor Nvidia.

Also, I don't know anyone personally who has had both parties in the same generation.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Gimp is Pimp(tm)

DarkJak's Wide-Range Texture Shop[LINK]

Incognito - [o]
Originally Posted by DarkJak View Post
This blows my mind, although it makes total sense once you think how popular the 5000's have been. (And how poor the gtx 400's were)

Nvidia used to be the top dog by far though, and since more people have older cards than the new ones, it'd make sense that impressions favor Nvidia.

Also, I don't know anyone personally who has had both parties in the same generation.

hi.

X1300 and some Geforce card, I forget what.
I'm about to get the 460, I have a 4890X2 or, something.

Also, Nvidia is still better simply because of drivers/pipeline :P
CUDA is actually important, Nvidia did actually do something with it.
The benefits of ATI has been a fairer relation between prices and performance.
"There is enough on earth for everybody's need, but not for everyone's greed." - Mohandas Gandhi
ATI has best price to performance ratio, but Nvidia has the highest tier gear.

Moral of the story, if your spending over $150, go Nvidia, under, go ATI
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
ATI
1. they are cheap
2. they are under rated
3.NiVida just over price
4. they are quite good at laptop Gfx cards
In the beginning there was time.
In the end there was nothing......
Originally Posted by Hxcbbqimo View Post
ATI has best price to performance ratio, but Nvidia has the highest tier gear.

Moral of the story, if your spending over $150, go Nvidia, under, go ATI

The same logic still applies for the high-end.
You can still buy an ATI card that's over 150 for a better ratio.

The GT460 is the only interesting thing on the Nvidia line-up for a long time... And Nvidia doesn't have the highest tier gear. ATI still has the fastest card. Nivida's cards need a lot of improvements. They're full of problems like the high temperatures.