Toribash
Original Post
1024x1024 Textures
Didn't anyone notice that the 512x512 gets a little low quality when zooming?
I got an idea to make 1024x1024 textures.
That would be very great.
Yey now we can spend like 700k for body tex and when 1024 joints appear we can spend more than 2kk...
Originally Posted by Ihab7 View Post
Didn't anyone notice that the 512x512 gets a little low quality when zooming?
I got an idea to make 1024x1024 textures.
That would be very great.

that is the low quality of the texture itself,
its not a x512 issue.
Yea its that fault of the artist if the texture looks low quality. Someone with really good artistic skills in photoshop or Gimp can make more effective use of the space given to them.

Some textures are meant to be worse than others anyways, thats what makes true HQ sets valuable. Besides if you add those textures in then one of two things will happen.

1. All the HQ sets out will take major price drops as 1024 becomes more popular.
This will enrage most art collectors that poored their entire savings into sets.

2. Prices remain the same, but 1024 sets become far too expensive for anyone to purchase and hardly any artist make them do to lack of buyers.

I've already seen single 512 head textures go for over 100k and sets over 500k by popular artist. If it gets to the point where someone needs to pay 1kk for the set items then another 1kk for textures to put on them then that will just be way to far out of hand. Not to mention if you add joints into that equation.
AnimePlanetMyAnimeListDiscord: Kohta#1577 • NikosTunaPouffyAubreyGuessTenRythm
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
• Crippled/Disabled girls are the best girls a guy could have. •
This has been suggested too many times, I even had a private conversation about this with hampa, it's not happening in the near future because of these main reasons:
The resource use would be too high
A single player folder with full texture set, excluding joints would weight ~100mb, include the joints and that's ~200mb
Toribash is a resource heavy game with all the textures, imagine if, for example, in the worst scenario frames drop to 30fps, with 1024 would drop to 10fps.
As the artists have more space to paint on, they are able to include more details in their textures, which leads to much higher pricing for textures. Not to talk about items, at least 40k per texture, which leads to ~1kk for full set.
Just no
Guys, First .. The texture is 512x
And the quality is pretty good. and i know its HD, But when you zoom into the head, You will notice that the texture became low. That is normal to happen but TB should make get better.
There is a good point that uncle and k0hta just siad .. The textures will be much TC higher, But of anyone said that the texture is low quality or its not 512x texture then i will tell them that they are surely wrong. Anyway guys, This was an idea. So please be friendly with your posts
We weren't hostile with our points, we simply stated the cons of this idea and why it will not happen. Also I know you're saying "if you zoom in its low quality", but let me ask you this "why are you zooming in on one texture". The entire time I'm actually playing Toribash I'm zoomed out where I can see my whole Tori in order to play well. I can't think of any time when people would be zoomed in on their tori, unless you're sitting in SP just looking at yourself. Okay I'll even give you some examples here.

Zoomed in

Regular View

I've put two images above. One is zoomed in like you're saying and yes my head texture is starting to show pixels and the lines don't look as smooth, which is what you're upset about with the 512 head textures, but who plays this close to their tori? No one does.

The Second image is at the distance that most people would be while clicking on their tori, some would even be farther out. At that distance you can't see any of the jagged lines on my head that were a result of bad craftsmanship.

The problem you're trying to point out here is an irrelevent one, no one plays zoomed in enough to see textures at that low quality.

Also as Uncle stated, the file sizes would be too large and Hampa already stated he wouldn't be doing it.
• No longer "active" on Toribash. Leave a PM if you need something, I'll eventually see it. •
Ik that k0hta, Just wanted to clearify a point (silly point) :/
And your aren't hostile k0hta, I was talkin about Azzeffer23 who's silly and unfriendly.
Anyway, What will happen if chintu's opponent didn't play the match too.
That would be so unfair cause he won round one without doing anything -_-
Thats a question for the other thread or PM, not going to start a conversation about something in a thread it doesn't belong in. If you're actually interested then ask me in the event thread or by PM.