Toribash
Original Post
Art Board Rules.
I want to request that we should be able to just comment on the art posted in that board.

I feel artists not only want constructive criticism but also want to know what people think about the art.

Not everybody here are art wizards and can point out mistakes. Some here just want to comment and praise the artist for their work.

I find it annoying when I ask where someone got their inspiration for their art and I get infracted for it because it wasn't constructive.
Originally Posted by Grohenbird View Post
Why can't you just pm them about it

If you posts it on the thread, the other people will be able to comment, discuss about your feeling, while if you just pm the artist, he will say "ty" and it will be done.
The problem is: Art isn't an offtopic board. If you honestly can't think of any constructive criticism, it likely isn't important enough to be posted. You don't need to have any art knowledge to give criticism, you just don't want to take the time to come up with a comment that's actually beneficial to anyone.

If it poses no benefit, keep it to pm.
I think I might be retired.
Originally Posted by Grohenbird View Post
The problem is: Art isn't an offtopic board.

Implies we can post art to show off on off topic or have anywhere to post art and get what people think about it.
CNC implies that you have to give input on how to make said art better instead of just giving your impression on the art (which there should be a place for)
It also shows in the popularity of said board that after the changes not many people are even willing to put the effort into making a art thread since if you wanted professional responses or CNC there are a lot of better places than toribash to get input. If the art board were more like replays where you can give your impressions with no conviction it'd be more popular.
Last edited by Pimp; Nov 11, 2016 at 02:28 PM.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
Implies we can post art to show off on off topic or have anywhere to post art and get what people think about it.

He kind of has a point here. The art board is the only proper place for anything artistic, so ideally the purpose of the board should encompass constructive off-topic sort of conversation, not just serious criticism - not to say that's all the board manages to be. But, people have been complaining about feeling undue restriction on posting for a bit, and where there's smoke there's probably fire.

Originally Posted by rules
  • Posts MUST be constructive and put forward input.
  • Posts along the lines of "Nice head!" and "Thank you"s following them are useless posts. Explain your opinion on things and how things can be fixed, or why(s) to your compliments.

Assuming such conversations actually happen, I don't really think asking about inspiration or topic related things that aren't CnC is really all that unreasonable. Moderating in a way that promotes only CnC is really only a proxy for productive posting, I can't see the harm in expanding the board's usefulness and just requiring that posts are on-topic and productive to the thread or conversation. "Nice head!" and "ty!" aren't particularly productive, so those kinds of low effort posts can be justifiably removed even under a freer, more context based ruleset.

Not that such a thing is excruciatingly necessary, just my thoughts