Ranking
Original Post
IRC To Game Chat
Thought this would give the IRC a kickstart. If there was a command like /irc <username> <channel> or such where you could login to a irc channel on toribash' irc network, that opens up like a whisper sort of thing that allows you to chat with the irc from ingame, it wouldnt spam public chat and it would work quite well.
Uhh. No? Are you suggesting that we add a feature to allow you to send messages to irc, and then get back an @ message for you, or are you requesting the entire irc to pop up in the toribash chat log on demand?

Either way, it's pretty unnecessary. The workload on your computer will be the same as just opening the irc manually. Why put a lot of effort into this just for a few lazy people that just want to avoid opening their internet?
I think I might be retired.
but tbh, there is already a Chat network option in toribash main menu which opens up irc in the browser..so this idea exists in-game already
Na sahi kuch magar itna to kiya karte the
Wo mujhe dekh ke pehchan liya karte the
Originally Posted by Grohenbird View Post
Either way, it's pretty unnecessary. The workload on your computer will be the same as just opening the irc manually. Why put a lot of effort into this just for a few lazy people that just want to avoid opening their internet?

Ya'll people with good computers need to stop talking about workload with stuff like this.

Obviously, opening a browser to communicate on irc uses significantly more system resources than just connecting to irc ingame. If you have a low end computer (which is a lot more people on tb than you think), you'll know that opening browsers and games at the same time often results in lag.

iirc, Toribash's ingame room irc works off of the same servers, anyway. It wouldn't be too difficult to implement. Like universe said in the op, this would help kick some life back into irc, as well as indirectly implement the group-whisper and whisper-between-server suggestions that people have been wanting for years.

And, seriously, people are lazy. That's an absolute fact. Connecting to irc ingame would take far less time to open, and you wouldn't have to be always tabbing/clicking out to chat. You will see a lot more people actively using irc with this implemented.
Last edited by Kahn; Jan 6, 2017 at 02:11 AM.

Instead of always using webchat, why not download an irc program? Resource use is minimal, it has auto connect, looks better, is better.

In terms of an ingame irc, what you're suggesting sounds like another "tab". You have the server chat as one tab, each whisper has its own tab, and then an irc tab. I dont know enough about game engines and hardware to comment on compatibility or resource use but I can see the idea working fairly well

thats kind of my point, sure you can download a program or open the web browser to do it, but this would be quick, such as your ingame and someone needs you on the irc, all you would have to do is /irc <username> <channel> and boom your logged into the irc from within the game. it would allow people ingame to get to the irc much quicker than installing/loading up a program to do so.
Well I dont know about you, but toribash takes longer to open than my hexchat does. If someone wanted me on the irc I would click 2 buttons and instantly be there. Toribash would take far longer. Even if I was already ingame, in my experience, connecting to things from within the game takes a fair moment

it opens almost instantly for me, but i have a custom build so that makes since, steam though, takes ages lmao.
Or we can just make /whisper available to use when two players aren't on the same server.
Much simpler, gets the job done.
For me at least.
You can't fight change. You can't fight nature.