Toribash
Original Post
BK does art (selling)
It is my first art/texture for toribash and i'm glad to finally publish it,any advice will be appreciated, ty.

Title: Visitor Head
Artist: BK709
Size: 512x512
Program: Manga Studio EX, Adobe Photoshop CS6
Offer: //

3D MODEL

Last edited by BK709; May 1, 2018 at 01:18 PM.
Everything seems a little big to me.
The eyes are too big, so they get stretched apart, the nose becomes completely stretched and flat(Needs more shading to pop out).

Originally Posted by Kore View Post
Everything seems a little big to me.
The eyes are too big, so they get stretched apart, the nose becomes completely stretched and flat(Needs more shading to pop out).

Yeah i have some issues on applying the texture on the spherical model but I'll try to solve it and yes i'll also try to add some shades, thank you for the tip.
-----
I updated it, I think I did better this time.
Last edited by BK709; Apr 30, 2018 at 12:31 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
added

V4

Ok so seeing your head, there's room for improvement, take these tips with a grain of salt.

So first, are you using a template? If not I'll provide you with a template, simply open it with your image editing software of your choice, and make a layer over it.
*note* this image is 1024x512, this method you don't have to predict the flat to sphere compensation. if you rather draw in 512x512 or whichever your item resolution is
(of course drawing in 512x512 and using a 128x128 the item will resize to fit the lower resolution) If you want the 512x512 template feel free to ask for it, I can provide it.

Template

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ok so seeing your head it seems a bit stretched onto the sphere. I can help you with a few pointers on better mapping.
So firstly as you can see the green circle is generally where your face should be,
As you can see in the image I color coded parts where you can map a face
Firstly, the green, it's "best" to simply draw within the circle, you can adjust this but this is a general ballpark of where the head would look best.
The blue is generally where the eyes should be on that horizontal mid line, you can go over or under to fit your preference of course.
Lastly the pink is generally where the mouth best fits, same as the eyes, you can go lower or higher to fit your needs.

Flat

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Here's an image of how this flat looks ingame, as you can see it's not exactly stretched out and the face sits more centered.

Ingame

Happy texturing!
Last edited by Lucy; May 4, 2018 at 01:24 AM.
|Evil|
I don't exist
I didn't use a template and I totally forgot about this possibility, anyway thank you so much it will help me out a lot, I'll change the format to a 1024x512 and I'll try to center everything as good as I can in the template, ty.
-----
ok, i tried to do it but it's really bad, i don't know why but i think it's because the head is made to be stretched like this that's why i compensed it increasing the width, i'll still try to use the template in a future work so ty anyway.
Last edited by BK709; May 3, 2018 at 06:18 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
thank you so much.
-----
ok i tried and it worked, sorry if i don't post the 3d model but i don't want to spam 100 slightly different versions of the same head on toribashtextures.com, btw i just had to move everything a little higher, ty.
Last edited by BK709; May 4, 2018 at 10:34 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump