ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Bumpmap textures
Seeming as though I haven't gotten responses on #support, I'll try my luck with oldies lurking the forums.
Bumpmap textures still lay in old inventories with a broken thumbnail. They were never as popular to begin with but could someone give me an idea how the art was different for these items, if they're still a thing/word and if they're worth getting.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
Bumpmap textures apply an additional layer to your textures, simply adding more depth to your body parts. I have never seen someone make a set with consideration for it, nor do I think anyone is willing to put in the time to learn how to do it properly, but it adds a visible difference

Here's an example of a bumpmap texture taken from this link: click

EXAMPLE

You’d imagine some of the artists (and their boundless talent) we see today would take advantage of this. But we haven’t seen one yet isn’t it. It’s just a surreal concept to me I’ve always seen full item sets of these lay around inventories since old times but with no use for them?

So they’re a still-functional group of texture items that have been discontinued due to lack of popularity?
. . .

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
It is still fully functional afaik but there is no popularity.

I do think it should be fairly easy to convert art files into bumpmaps as well, there are sites dedicated for it.

Thanks for reminding me, I might test it out in the future just to see how well it goes with actual art made nowadays
Do take me with you on this venture when you’ve wrapped stuff you’re occupied with. I’ll try getting my hands on some bumpmaps for us.
. . .

I’m making a fair assumption in considering people aren’t aware of how or what bumpmap textures are and will leave this post here for an update.
After some testing, both personally and with friends; bumpmap textures no longer work and p much relics of the past in your inventory. Whether this is intended or a rework is making way, I’m unsure. But as of now, they don’t work.
. . .

nah i'm good thanks. sir said they should work, i'm not sure where the problem is tbh
. . .