Ranking
Original Post
im thinking about trying to start funding some tournaments or smthn
i was thinking i could do 10$ tournaments every time i get paid(2 weeks)or would it be to do a big one at the end of the year? probably around 240

im pretty scatterbrained so sorry if im all over the place give this some time and everything should fall into place ;p give me your own ideas or suggest changes, other aspects i want to look into are, having content creators/ whoever give "advanced" gameplay analysis of the last fights of the qualifiers and depending on roster size as much of the pro league as possible

for mods, im not quite sure how yet but i want to test multiple aspects of a pro player, endurance, accuracy, positioning, strategy, and adaptability, im open to suggestions as i brainstorm
  • Toribash Pro League Qualifiers:
    • Single-elimination bracket tournament
    • First to 5 with overtime (requires a 2 point lead to win)
    • Entry fee: 20,000 TC
    • Prize pool: $25
    • 1st place: $15 and invitation to Pro League (if already a winner, invitation goes to runner-up)
    • 2nd place: $10
  • Toribash Pro League:
    • Yearly tournament
    • Single-elimination bracket
    • First to 6+ with overtime
    • Entry fee: 50,000 TC
    • 12 winners of monthly tournaments receive invitation to participate
    • Prize pool: 100% of entry fees
    • 1st place: 70% of prize pool
    • 2nd place: 30% of prize pool
Last edited by Kirito; Jan 3, 2023 at 07:05 PM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
what do yall think of the idea, i like the idea of having a biweekly tournament similar to what we have with TWC and i could just pay out when i get my checks.

i guess i want to create a mini esports enviroment? cash prizes, having an actual pro toribash lineup, elo, maybe even have commentators for livestreaming, ik 10$ prize isnt a whole lot but its better than nothing and if i can atleast get this ball rolling who knows where it could end up.

some specific questions ig are: is this something people are interested in and worth sinking my money into?
would yall rather a cash entry fee that goes into the prize pool instead?
how should the tournaments be done? (mods, what type of tournament, single elim, round robin, etc?
ill keep spamming this with more questions i have as i come up with em

i still havent decided if im actually gonna try to do this or not but well see C:

ive been getting into chess recently and i like the elo system in there, it would be nice to have a global elo to see whos the best, something that lasts the length of ur tb life and isnt seasonal having something like that for the participants would be great for separating skill levels
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
What are you going into seems a little bit complex, well, at least in the way you have phrased it. I suggest you sort that out and make it a little bit clean instead of just brainstorming and makes us all confused with questions you don't have the answers for, You're the Mastermind.
I'm a Verified Toricredits Seller & Marketeer!
will do, ill think some more on it and come up with somethin easier to understand xd

the basic goal atleast is: fund consistent tournaments to create a pro league for toribash, ill be back with smthn better <3
-----
TORIBASH PRO LEAGUE

PRO LEAGUE QUALIFIERS - prize 25
1st- $20 and an invite into pro league(if someone gets a placement multiple times, the invite will be handed to runner up, if both are previous winners it goes down to the next line)
2nd- $5
1st get invite into pro league(if someone gets a placement multiple times, the invite will be handed to runner up, if both are previous winners it goes down to the next line)
single elimination bracket
first to 5 with overtime(requires a 2 point lead to secure the win, ie: 5-3 is a win , if its 4-4 then a win would then be 6-4, and so on) the idea behind this is to test a players stamina and ability to win consistently(on the flip side it tests a losing players ability to comeback and gain the advantage from a deficit)

entry fee: 20k tc to a bank acc i havent made yet

PRO LEAGUE
yearly tournament

single elim or round robin(youll fight everyone, winners ordered by # of wins
first to 6+ with overtime

entry fee:$25
12 winners from monthly tournament get invite
prize - 100% of entry fees(maybe 90% of entry fee goes to prize and 10% goes to funding qualifiers)
1st-80%
2nd-15%
3rd-5%
-----
questions are these fair prize splits?

i want the pro league to be seen as exclusive so only 12 people get a free invite, and everyone else has to pay 25$ to get in, is 25$ reasonable, idk how many people would enter and i want the prize to be worth the yearly grind, if other investors help we can get better prizes

what do you think of Overtime?
ill figure out mod stuff later, but im open to suggestions
Last edited by Kirito; Jan 2, 2023 at 10:57 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Hi, I've moved this to a more appropriate board. I did not feel it was appropriate as a quick question that required an answer but more so a discussion prior to implementation.

Originally Posted by Kirito
1st-80%
2nd-15%
3rd-5%
-----
questions are these fair prize splits?

I dot feel these are fair prize splits, I would go with 70, 20, 10 by the least. However, personally I do not reward the 3rd but that's just my preference.

Originally Posted by Kirito
i want the pro league to be seen as exclusive so only 12 people get a free invite, and everyone else has to pay 25$ to get in, is 25$ reasonable, idk how many people would enter and i want the prize to be worth the yearly grind, if other investors help we can get better prizes.

With an entry fee of $25 I do not feel you would obtain a player-base sufficient to sustain your proposal. This would be due to majority of players falling into a category of either not wanting to pay real currency, unable to pay real currency or feel the fee itself is too high. This demographic would probably outweigh the group of people that do want to participate in a competitive tournament.

After reading your content and suggestions, I'm keen on your idea. I already have some tweaks I would propose to you in mind. If this is a bi-weekly thing, I have no problem suggesting a "Kirito + ES sponsored" bi-weekly thing where you may benefit from additional facilitation and manpower with your endeavors. Reach out to me on discord, I'm certain we can work something out that will be a better proposal to the one made now.
Last edited by melrose; Jan 5, 2023 at 10:09 AM.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
I really like the initiative and event but we already have World Cup, what will it make it appealing and different from the other events? I think that's necessary, I like the overtime thing.

For mods I suggest judofrac.tbm, aikido no grab, erthtk.tbm
I'm a Verified Toricredits Seller & Marketeer!
Originally Posted by yuki View Post
I really like the initiative and event but we already have World Cup, what will it make it appealing and different from the other events? I think that's necessary, I like the overtime thing.

For mods I suggest judofrac.tbm, aikido no grab, erthtk.tbm

well for one TWC is yearly, in a miracle situation the pro league bracket would essentally become TWC and the qualifiers would be an additional way in. the qualifiers will be held either twice a month as i get paid or i can do like 20-25 once a month, for mod choice id like to either edit existing comp mods to remove whatever the meta is, ie taking abd, removing dms and points and an even bigger dojo to prevent lifting, imo the fights will become just about trying to get destablize ur op and dq them, i like irl judo and i think something like that would be the closest my smooth brain can come up with. maybe have boxshu but u start off in the corners instead of mushu distance, lenshu but instead of dms its fracs or 50 turnframes, another thing id like to do is have the fights either live streamed or maybe a youtube series with match analysis, pretty much what les duncan had goin on for a bit, but more structured i guess? the main goals are: create entertainment/educational content out of professional toribash, reward people who bust their ass off to get good at this game, maybe even bringing in more people due to there being an esports scene?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Good idea.

You have my support sir

Granted, the prize pool should be a lot more. We should attempt to collect funds for a longer period of time or rely on donations until we reach the goal to do it.

Now, you’d have to prolly get approval from someone higher than regular admin level to do that thougj
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
I’d be down to help you fund this, I like this idea a lot. Should definitely be streamed and put on YouTube there’s not enough competitive toribash content out there. I like your ideas for mod changes but you would definitely need to run that past more players, changes like that might be hit or miss imo.
Bring back toribash esports vibes
¯\_(ツ)_/¯