Toribash
Original Post
How Do I Put Power Into My Moves?
So I really need help on getting stronger kicks, punches and rips because I really don't know how to make them stronger/faster...

I was messing around in SP and was failing at back flips and stuff (don't judge me I was experimenting XD) and I accidentally turned the fail into a cool break dance... I tried to kick Uke during this and my legs just bounced off like nothing...

btw sorry about the long wait at the end... after the kicks nothing else happens really...
Attached Files
almost awesome.rpl (59.9 KB, 40 views)
Your kicks didnt have any momentum in them, so they hit softly.

Build up momentum and force in each of your frames, so you could get a better result and impact on the tori/opponent.
Originally Posted by JuicyTin View Post
Your kicks didnt have any momentum in them, so they hit softly.

Build up momentum and force in each of your frames, so you could get a better result and impact on the tori/opponent.

So how would I add momentum... or in this case spin faster?
You won't just start spinning you need to get the momentum to spin from somewhere so generally speaking you need to push off something into your spin. Look at how I push of the ground in this replay to gain momentum for my spins.
Attached Files
My pet rock died today.
Originally Posted by Eboy50 View Post
you need to push off something into your spin..

Well if you looked at my replay I pushed off the ground on the first kick but it was really slow and glanced off of Uke.... what do you say I should do D:
Let your guy relax and fall, and then extend.
that will build power and momentum by using the ground to kick off of.
Bruce Lee - Showing Off, Is The Fool's Idea Of Glory.
i must say i do suck at singleplayer personally and im not really expierienced with it.
what i´ve gathered from threads is that when you really do some damage to uke you should have an speed between 35-40 iirc.
you can see your speed by typing /sm 1 ( or /sm 2 i dont know the diffrence they both show the same thing everytime i checked ).
to gain momentum there are quite a few techniques.
but it usually has to do with beeing relaxed then turn your tori ( work with your chest , pecs , lumbar and glutes sometimes ) to achieve higher speed / more momentum.
also for singleplayer it does help if you play it with 1 turnframes instead of 10.
for beginners im pretty sure it would not hurt if you turn the dismemberment threshhold down to 80. i would not go lower than that because you will mostly damage yourself.

Excuse my horrible paintskills

like i said i dont really play singleplayer so i might be wrong about the settings.

im pretty sure you can get good answers from the ORMO org.
http://forum.toribash.com/forumdisplay.php?f=273
they even have a thread about questions like yours and im sure they´d be glad to help you further improve your gameplay.
[06:53]Sissykick: my friend was the hottest drag queen in the group.
Haven't seen your replay so what I'm saying may not be quite right. To basically build momentum you would have to (for a kick) push one leg back and one forward, spread your legs a little using your glute(s) and turn your chest depending on what leg you lifted up first. Then you've got a basic kick. You can expirement on the rest. But its basically like real life. When kicking you would turn your upper body left and your right leg would push back. Then your left leg would kick up right side.. Well something like that. Hope that helped : P
Planetary