Toribash
To Those concerned about the whereabouts of TheGod after a time of silence and inactivity from the ToriBash Community... Below I lay a small hint.

Discord: bicycleforrats
<[Obey]Quest> yall needa tap into my telegram on gad
Chase Sapphire Reserve® Cardholder
Part 2B: The Rise of the GodTeam

The stage was set, and the GodTeam was formed. Unfortunately we were all miserably poor but soon our fortunes would change. There was a long toribash tradition of these mystery-themed riddle events, where a series of clues would be posted and to solve the riddle one would have to scour all over the internet and up and down the forums, they had been not hosted for a long time, likely because they were too unconventional for the squares that were the gamemasters, but Sir, one of the final vestiges (even if only partially) of the wild-west culture had revived it. The stakes were higher than ever, a 1million dollar prize for he who could solve the riddle, 1000 entrants, failure was punishable by ban for the 999 losers. The GodTeam knew if they could win they would have the funds necessary to begin their campaign for power. We began to scheme, lay traps and place false clues, one by one our opponents were outsmarted until the three of us claimed victory. I had solved the riddle and earned the million, and when Clockwork and Smilies were unbanned they found the 333k waiting for them, as I was a man of my word. It was then that culapou ascended to become TheGod. We quickly got to work. We would create magnificent mods and host chaotic tournaments with them as the gamemasters sneered with envy. Our prizes were larger, our lobbys were energetic, and our mods were greater. We recruited a handful of associates who would help us host tournaments as well as make mods. We would also take the time to join as many gamemaster tournaments as possible and then advertise and start a GODTOURNEY right away to drain them of their participants. With a third of the membersof the gamemasters, and entirely self-funded, the GodTeam was willing the wild-west to rise again. Once our rising power was growing undeniable, there began the retaliation.

At this time there was an unspoken alliance between the e-sports fl0w camp and the gamemasters/staff, for they both shared the view of toribash as a highly regimented and serious ordeal. While the staff would ban you from the community for what they deemed inappropriate behavior, the e-sports camp would ban you from their tourneys for what they deemed "illegal moves". They were two peas in the same pod and this was revealed when I was banned for creating a wushu_epeen mod which was taken to be a parody of a wushu_esports mod made by the fl0w camp just a week earlier. In reality this was a mere coincidence but yet I was banned by a fl0w SMod for hurting his feelings. This ban was later overturned by a higher ranking admin, who later become one of our strongest allies, but still the line was drawn in the sand. The fl0w e-sports nerds needed to be squashed. I quickly developed two patented defensive openers, one for wushu and one for ninjutsu. I was thought of as a joke for my simple style, but quickly rose to rank 4 in wushu and rank 1 in ninjutsu. I dominated the public lobbies and forever corrupted their most played mods, no serious tournament could be played in wushu again, and for a short while the GodTeam hosted 7k/5k "Real Wushu" tournaments in wushu_epeen.tbm as the final humiliating blow to the e-sports nerds. It was never my intention to destroy wushu, I merely wished to destroy fl0w. But in destroying fl0w I destroyed everything they loved, now boxshu reigns supreme.

With the e-sports nerds out of the way the GodTeam was the sole alternative to the gamemasters, but we were running out of money fast. Hosting all these tournaments and giving away impromptu prizes is expensive. It's also expensive when we are all self-financed, we needed a way to make money fast. The plan devised was to soften up and appear friendly to the gamemasters such that we could sell them our mods for them to use in their tournaments. Up until now no player has ever sold mods, it was all items, we were embarking in uncharted territory but we knew that the gamemasters needed good mods for tournaments and that they felt the heat of the GodTeam. So Smilies2, being the quiet nice kid of our group was the perfect salesman, he convinced our mortal enemies to buy our mods for exorbitant prices of 50k-100k, as well as officially recognize us as the mod making team of toribash. Now the gamemasters were dependent on us, advertising our mods, and paying us at the same time, we were in control. Sir, being a long standing ally of us, and ranking above the gamemasters in hierarchy was willing to hep us as much as he could as well. Because of our newfound "officialness" we were granted our own sub-forum, unlimited broadcasts, and unlimited tc for tourneys. From here it was only a matter of time, we had all the soft power of the gamemasters, and vastly more influence, we were a real threat and it was only a matter of time before we took over. Sir was #2 in command in all of toribash and our strongest ally, all that was left between us and victory, between the toribash of then and the toribash of now, was one man. Hompo.
Last edited by TheGod; Apr 24, 2021 at 11:43 PM.
the god
Part 3: Hampa Giveth, Hompo Taketh

To this day I remain bewildered to how the man who devoted his life to the creation of this game could care so little about its death. It is almost as if they are two separate entities, the creator and the destroyer. Life and death. Good and Evil. Hampa and Hompo. At the precise moment of our peak in the struggle for the future of Toribash, it came down to convincing Hampa to grant the GodTeam power. On our side we had Sir, #2 in command, actual paid employee of nabi who had helped the most to get us to where we were today. We had also a warm professional relationship with Hampa in regards to mod making and bug testing, we had numerous times tested new modding features such as win/loss triggers ingame with him and he frequented our private IRC channel so we were not strangers by any means. The fate of toribash hung in the balance, half a decade of work had been done, years of preparation paid off, months of ban time had been suffered, and every calculation we made had gotten us to this point. Could the second in command convince the first in command that a change in power was necessary?

As you can tell, no, this did not happen. I still maintain that it was only a matter of time before Hampa was convinced, unfortunately the time ran out and it was time for me to leave the game. We were only in discussions for about 1-2 months before I was off to university and the forces of evil triumphed in my absence. A few more weeks of discussions and I maintain he would have been convinced. What disturbs me to this day is not that hampa was strongly against our offer, it was how gentle he was against it. During this power struggle activity was quite high and Hampa did not want to interfere with the community. He was not at all against us, he just didn't really care. In fact, this has always been his philosophy in regards to the community, to merely go with the flow. This was the spirit of Hompo, who is ultimately responsible for decimation of activity this game has experienced the past 7 years. Any building left to the flow of time will eventually crumble, same goes for a culture or a forum. Unless human will is routinely invested then the entropic nature of time will take its toll. Hompo wanted to go with the flow and now here we are. Rules against "soft rules" in tournaments -- aka no creativity. No caps -- aka no excitement, no anger -- aka no passion. Everything that made Toribash great is now offensive, illegal, or problematic, everything that makes Toribash weaker is now considered progress. It was a slow squeeze, bit by bit so it wasn't noticed in time. They were turning up the heat slow so we wouldn't jump out of the pot, I came along and turned it up as fast as I could, but in the end the chef just put a lid on it.

I had resentment towards Sir for this, I maintain that any competent negotiator would have been able to convince hampa, but I do also understand that hampa may have been lost behind the deathly gaze of hompo. I am sorry Sir, I did disrespect you after coming back here a few years ago and seeing first hand the destruction that has become of this place. So too, I forgive you for your inability. I understand that your position relative to us back then is the same as my position relative to so many others today. Mwah, Karst, Faint, Link, Shmevin, and everyone else: I'm sorry I was unsuccessful. In the end I needed to go to college and fuck bitches.
Last edited by TheGod; Apr 24, 2021 at 10:22 PM.
the god