Ranking
Original Post
K.O system
Make an option where you can set a certain number of damage points and once you hit that number your tori relaxes all. It could be used for tourneys and what not or sparring.
The Man, The Myth, The Buppies
Kinda tired but I'll try making as much sense as I can.

Originally Posted by Tinerr View Post
There are lots of non-necessary things that when they were added, the game improved.
I like the idea, new kind of events could be made, and a whole new metagame could start from this (also new mods too).

I hope you read the previous posts before supporting this since I thought it was pretty clear but onto the points:

What events can you do with this that you can't already do?
It's just a obligatory relax when you hit a certain amount of points. As far as I've tried thinking about it, this game-rule could easily be replicated without any additions to the game.

Would it be worth working on just this thing instead of something else?
I'm sure there are a lot of things Hampa tends to implement into this game by now that are more important, more demanded and make more sense.

Would it be hard to implement?
No, I don't think it would. I'll give you that.

Do we benefit by adding a lot of options?
Not in my opinion, no.
We want to make a concrete impression when we launch for Steam and these new players won't know that this is just a thing people wanted for events or w/e.
Every option in the game will be thoroughly checked as the Steam-tsunami of players arrive and I know we could add much more interesting stuff for them.

I imagine the biggest motivation for this would be for things like dodgeball or other competetive non-melee gamemodes where damage is the goal.
I don't see why setting a limit to the frames or forcing a win on contact isn't enough but I understand there are some things the frame limit can't do.
I just don't think that's reason to add this.

(Let's not forget how terribly impossible aiming gets with some distance either)

Leaving this in because I looked at it while typing. Maybe it proves a point too, idk.

PM me with any and all questions
I am still searching a "sparring competition way", this idea go in the same path. I support it.

My Youtube channel : Mocucha Toribash

Originally Posted by Hattersin View Post
I hope you read the previous posts before supporting this since I thought it was pretty clear but onto the points:

Yeah, I did.
What events can you do with this that you can't already do?

There can be tourneys hosted by GM's, or even hotseats.
Would it be worth working on just this thing instead of something else?

If it brings in more enjoyment for the people, why not? it doesn't seem hard.
Would it be hard to implement?

Nope, just messing a bit with triggers.
Do we benefit by adding a lot of options?

Well, people started to complain when betting was added. Then they started liking them so much that there is almost always a betting room up. We do benefit, since it will add more diversity at the kind of events hosted by gm's, plus adding new objetives to the game is pretty fun.

We want to make a concrete impression when we launch for Steam and these new players won't know that this is just a thing people wanted for events or w/e.

Couldn't clearly understand you there. Anyways, if this potentially gets hosted, a gm (or whoever the hoster is) would be explaining this beforehand.
Every option in the game will be thoroughly checked as the Steam-tsunami of players arrive and I know we could add much more interesting stuff for them.

Sure we can. If you have an idea, suggest it, there's a whole board for it.
Don't really see the use of getting knocked out from someone punching you in the leg, but if it applied to specific bodyparts (for example the head), it could do for some really interesting gameplay. I mean boxing and striking mods has all the benefit in the world from this.
Brendan (he who passeth judgement on the frequent changing of signatures): I don't do hentai anymore
Here comes the mess by not being able to quote quotes.
Originally Posted by Tinerr View Post
There can be tourneys hosted by GM's, or even hotseats.
You missed the last half of my sentence. Try again.

If it brings in more enjoyment for the people, why not? it doesn't seem hard.
Answered lower down in my previous post. It also seems that a lot of "people" don't want this.

Well, people started to complain when betting was added. Then they started liking them so much that there is almost always a betting room up. We do benefit, since it will add more diversity at the kind of events hosted by gm's, -snip-
"people were wrong before, therefore this is a good idea"
I am certain people discussed it and our devs came to the conclusion that it was good. It is after all, only the devs we need to convince, not the people.
It is also not like we're voting about implementing new features, it's about implementing this feature. There are better, more rewarding suggestions to implement at the moment and we don't have enough of a dev team to implement them all. There are better ways to add diversity.

plus adding new objetives to the game is pretty fun.
You'd still have the same objective, which is scoring points..

Couldn't clearly understand you there. Anyways, if this potentially gets hosted, a gm (or whoever the hoster is) would be explaining this beforehand.
I'm saying that people aren't gonna fire up Toribash and like it. It's up to us to be awesome to catch their interest. Your character being uncontrollable after taking a load of damage does, once again, not sound very appealing.
We're not even talking about just ending the match, but only disabling one players joints.

Sure we can. If you have an idea, suggest it, there's a whole board for it.
I've been suggesting via pm to Hampa whenever I think I believe to have a good one.
The reason for this is that the majority of people in these threads just want new stuff made or are trying to achieve another goal, and end up voting to support pretty much anything.

-----
Originally Posted by Mocucha View Post
I am still searching a "sparring competition way", this idea go in the same path. I support it.

Yea, know that problem :/ Me and Chazer have used his own mod called Sparkido (Not sparkido.tbm (ripoff)) for a lot of our fights, which works out pretty well but you still need people who know how to spar initially.
I don't think we can solve the problem of people doing ugly moves just to not get hit either, since there is no clear line of what is ugly and what is not.
Basically we just have to know a partner we can spar aggressively with, and when we do, I don't see the problem of him acting out blows. (Like a good sparrer should)
Last edited by Hattersin; Oct 9, 2013 at 08:14 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
PM me with any and all questions
There's a thread somewhere with a better version of this idea. None the less I still want KO even if it was 'this one'

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Glad you guys kind of agree with me and yeah, if it was only the head that would be cool too.
The Man, The Myth, The Buppies
I like Even if people set it to a low one then that makes the fighter a bit more cautious, and wouldn't it also depend what mod your playing? I would only turn this on for spar.

Supported
破 局 が 新 し い
Hmm, well I don't see how this would be a problem like Hattersin says it it will be.
However I like this idea.

- Supported
This sounds cool It would make for more realistic gameplay and players will think before going full attack and damaging themselfs.

-Supported
破 局 が 新 し い