ES Recruitment Drive
Originally Posted by Stone View Post
where did Diamond that the TC sent was a gift?

I think people are inferring it was a gift from diamond saying, roughly, "i sent tc to my friends". While this isn't an explicit answer, their defenders are understandably inferring that phrase to mean it was just a gift - but it's true that diamond has not stated it as such.... because ykno, diamond's picked a hill and isn't moving from it. The phrase 'I gave my friend a ps4,' doesn't imply a sale. I don't find the amounts of tc (presumably) gifted too surprising, as when someone has ridiculous amounts of tc and is used to making ridiculous amounts of tc, 800k might not seem like a lot to them.

Though diamond is obviously being stubborn, as is staff, diamond does explicitly deny any rule breaking and denies selling the tc, which implies that it was just a gift. I think that's fairly clear, and they made a good point on page 6 in saying:
Counter question: if you did sell TC, why would you dodge their question instead of just lying and getting it over with?

That also points at a flaw in banning to ask questions. I do agree that it's more likely someone who broke the rules wouldn't be grandstanding and posting screens from every post in their appeal, making it as public as possible. A rule breaker would just lie and get their account back. Want screens from paypal? Photoshop, etc.Ofc i don't know the solution necessary to overcome that obstacle for staff, it's a tough position to be in. It's also pretty awesome of Nabi to allow RMT, a very rare and generous thing. But that's a tangent.

Staff obviously want their specific questions answered, and won't respond until diamond answers them. And diamond obviously won't answer them because they feel affronted. They're at an impasse, either one side budges or diamond stays banned without a real reason... I do feel it's incumbent on staff to budge in this situation - specifically because the players who received the tc denied it was an RMT. Hard to say tho. It's a shame about the drama either way.

I think on diamond's part it would have been a better play to just answer their questions, and then complain about the system and being insulted once the ban was lifted.
Instead of criticising staff, I think we should focus more on TC selling rules, namely on how flawed they are. It's literally impossible to prove that someone is selling TC if both parties agree to make up a lie, which pushes staff to make blind assumptions and ban "as a precaution", which ultimately is core of the issue.
It doesn't seem like thats something that wants to be changed or removed on one side or the other. I feel like this standstill is getting quite funny at this point and would make a nice comic book in the end.
Crimson is Crisbon. Good food, tastes good.~Crisbon~ Jim the tuna is a whale.
Originally Posted by SmaBOOOOOOOris View Post
Instead of criticising staff, I think we should focus more on TC selling rules, namely on how flawed they are. It's literally impossible to prove that someone is selling TC if both parties agree to make up a lie, which pushes staff to make blind assumptions and ban "as a precaution", which ultimately is core of the issue.

We attempted to bring this issue up the first time diamond was banned for, frankly, breaking a rule that was ambiguous and unnecessary. Evidently, It was ignored, and I feel that it will continue to be ignored by the current staff.

With all regards to them, they seem like a narcissistic bunch that like to protect one another from criticism because they're "internet friends", or something to that inclination. They don't take criticism well, they avoid responding to certain topics or completely shut them down, and when they do respond to a topic, they come across as childish and immature.

Granted, I do think that everyone on toribash, including myself, comes across as childish and immature, but they are supposed to be held to a higher standard than the rest of us.
FREE-SPEECH CAUSE FUCK YOU
ONLY COMMIES CHANGE AVVYS
I agree that the rules are terrible. But I would like to criticise staff a bit for the following reason:

pout

I am banned w/o being provided a reason for a WEEK now. Two staff members don't respond to me for 3 days now, like pouting children. Just put ''under investigation'' reason and ignoring everything. And those are the people who have power in this community.

And other staff members, seeing all this, aren't going to do anything? You could at least pretend that you're trying to help the community against your inept colleagues, because what they're doing is worse than any offender, scammer, shit talker or whoever else who has no powers.

I really doubt that it will have any results, if I go to staff complaints, because my last staff complaint thread got ignored and closed w/o a response eventaully, even though it is prohibited here in number 6:

expectations

Last edited by dnomaiD; May 25, 2020 at 12:42 PM.
Make another thread with meow at the end of it, maybe that's what's missing.

But seriously, Liquidoom relays the message clearly, Just unban diamond.

SOMTHING NEW SOMETHING NEW

This whole ban is very idiotic, banning someone for suspicion of selling TC illegally is just stupid. They have absolutely no proof on Diamond and decided to ban him what? #InnocentUntilProvenGuilty
Hanad, King of Purity. Saint of Debauchery
Readed it a couple of times and not figured out why they did it. Reasons a bit uncommon and complicated. If i know right, the rules are based on Terms of Service. Link - https://www.toribash.com/tos.php

By the way:
ITEM RESALE

Sale or trade of ingame items and/or currency (Toricredits) for other items or Toricredits is permitted and supported. However, account sales or trades are not allowed or recognized by Nabi Studios. This is effectively giving out your password. If you find that you have been scammed during an account sale, the staff will not help you out or refund you.
NABI OWNERSHIP

All virtual currency and items are the property of Nabi Studios Pte Ltd. Nabi Studios reserve the right to remove, edit, move, or close any thread for any reason, without any obligation to notify you. Nabi Studios owns all items and reserves the right to remove them from your account at any time for any reason. They also may ban and modify accounts for any reason, without any obligation to inform you in advanced or afterwards.
- End of quote

So... Terms of Service acting as an underpin for everything.
Community Rules built upon that, if i understand things in the right way. (But we all know the ugly reality)

Actually i don't know why everyone with some sort of "power" trying to grab a banhammer when they just can remove TC. Like "freeze" the transactions ability and investigate everything, for real. Dumb decisions - dumb results. Now we have a goddamn public discussion about that accident.

Nobody really cares, it's much easier to kill an account and wipe out your existence here with a permanent ban. Yeah. You did a goddamn crime against whole community especially me, i am so offended and harrased by your activities, Diamond, i gotta kill myself soon, that's your fault when you sold some TC's you honestly earned.

Everything is simple - you crossed the wrong road, pal. Now enjoy and have fun via fuckery with staff unit. Also, those "crimes" in past (let's consider you did a crime against all humanity by selling virtual currency, which you earned) - not playing good for you.

Also, i know only a few people who actually working in Nabi and have some sort of REAL POWER here. As an example - Sir. (For Russian community it's closest example)

(Btw, i never readed community rules, only TOS, when i first launched the game, so i don't care. They only making some real sense for guys which usually want to abuse their permissions and possibilities.)
-----
A small and obviously useless update:
that's no concrete rules in TOS about "how you should sell items and currency, and how you can exchange them"

And actually i don't know who the hell even can try to stop you or other users to waist their money, and who have a real right to stop these things
(If you really sold something in past)

If i know right, it's some sort of basic barter, which isn't illegal, i did an art for 30-40 bucks a month ago, without any forum posts and etc, so nobody even know about that, economy of Toribash isn't ruined after that

Maybe those guys want some sort of cut, who knows, lol (just kidding)

real gangsta shit going on in Toribash these days
everything connected with money is so overrated, ffs
Last edited by T0n0mi; May 25, 2020 at 07:34 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
It took me ten years to find the answer to something, and I forgot about it in two seconds
how about instead of huge lines of not needed text, we just unban the lass and leave it alone.
static | toad (ormo) max | haku
Hi yall, I wanted to appologize for my lack of attention I've given this thread and diamond's situation in general. Diamond has recently been unbanned.

As for the ideas in this thread, I would love to catch up and read them, but I highly encourage those who have ideas specifically tailored to the tc selling system to go over to the suggestions board or this thread and post your ideas there. I would love to work with the community to better write these rules and possibly change the system where change is needed.

EDIT: Forgot to add this, but Market Squad should be getting greylist perms ASAP, so in the future we will be sure to simply add any suspicious accounts to the greylist and work from there. This is not to say that we won't ban accounts if need be in order to protect the user's account from possible hacking.
Last edited by wizard; May 26, 2020 at 02:22 AM.

(im)