Ranking
Originally Posted by phish View Post
lmao why so the same situation can happen again?
not a great idea

You don't get it do you? Staff have nothing on him so they have no right to keep him banned. Whether he did it or not, there is not enough proof and therefore these tc ARE considered as gifts.

This whole ban is just stupid in the first place. I fo not understand why staff just go ahead and ban someone instead of just texting him and asking for explanation.

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang
Originally Posted by Fire View Post
This whole ban is just stupid in the first place. I do not understand why staff just go ahead and ban someone instead of just texting him and asking for explanation.

I don't know if someone pointed out already in this thread or not, don't want to useless post, but the main reason they ban people this way is because some people would not even respond to a PM asking: Hey the MS/staff wanna know why you sent some random big sums of TC to someone without a reason? Like the MS would prob get straight up ignored most of the time so they want to get the attention of the one accused of something. They have Diamond's attention now don't they? Also i wanna point out i never said Diamond would ignore a PM asking what happend, but that's also a possibility so there's that.
Okay, this is getting ridiculous, you are keeping her banned because staff "wasnt satisfactory" with diamonds answer of gifting it to friends. What kind of bs is that so you want her to come up with a different reason? Or are you accusing diamond of lying, well it doesnt matter if u do because you dont have any proof and you wont come up with any at this point.

Grrrr
Last edited by deoxer; May 24, 2020 at 05:30 PM.
I lost a first to 5 duel in ABD 5-0 vs Fred now i have to use this shitty signature for a month
2 days w/o a response now, keeping me banned ''under investigation''.

I'm really curious how they came to the conclusion, that ignoring me was an acceptable, let alone the best course of action.
Heyo, As a heads up, I'm unbiased towards all this since I'm not dealing with this report or anything.

I might be blind or stupid but where did Diamond that the TC sent was a gift? I've searched through this discussion and the ban appeal and I can't seem to find anywhere specifically Diamond said it was a gift to his friends. Again I might be blind but from what I can see, people are trying to defend a point that Diamond hasn't even claimed yet. All I've seen was that Diamond saying he has no reason to explain the reason he sent the TC to his friends.
ishi - "I'm Hampa's Bitch Slappin' Hand"
I'm so proud Sparky
Question to Stone: why don't other staff members step in and do something? Your fellow staff members are breaking the rules and abusing their power, and the longer my ''under investigation'' ban lasts, the more severe their offense is, don't you think?
Originally Posted by dnomaiD View Post
Question to Stone: why don't other staff members step in and do something? Your fellow staff members are breaking the rules and abusing their power, and the longer my ''under investigation'' ban lasts, the more severe their offense is, don't you think?

We don't typically step in to other staff members jobs because it just creates confusion with multiple people handling a single case by information being split among all of them. It's basically always simpler and faster to just have one staff member deal with it himself. Typically we only get involved if the staff member has been inactive or our higher up tells us to deal with it. With neither of those things being the case, we don't intercept.

With the second thing you said, I agree BUT context is needed. In your case, they aren't breaking rules or abusing power. They suspected that you were up to no good and placed a ban on you because of that.

I'm still looking for an answer to what I said previously aswell.
ishi - "I'm Hampa's Bitch Slappin' Hand"
I'm so proud Sparky
But what if:

- Staff members are not doing their job? Two of them posted in my ban appeals thread at some point, only repeating themselves and ignoring all my points. And now for more than 2 days they're just ignoring me

-Staff members are abusing power. I am banned for almost a week now, there is no investigation going on, they have not provided a legitimate reason for my ban. They can suspect me all they want, being suspected in breaking a rule is very far from actually breaking a rule.

Do other staff members step in at this point? These two are clearly in the wrong and they don't look like they're about to acknowledge it. And everything is at my expense, because I am the one that's banned and I am the one who has to write all this stuff just to get their attention.

It's alarming, how many people think that it's okay to just hand out bans w/o legitimate reasons and act like nothing happened.

Answer to what you said previously: I don't want to, and I'm not obliged to share any information with them. I don't want to, because their actions are insulting and dismissive towards me. I don't have to, because there is no rule, stating that I must prove my innocence or be banned w/o being proven guilty, no rule, stating that they can ban anybody for however long they want and demand answers.

Also, what's funny is, even though they asked the two people who they suspected I sold TC to in the very first day and got responses that I didn't, they still chose to keep me banned.

Why are you, as a staff member, or just as a person, okay with all this? It is obvious that there's no investigation going on, they're just ignoring me and ignoring this mess that they've created, because they don't know how to fix it.
Silly rules that are extremely difficult to enforce because there's no actual way to prove you're selling TC. The whole verified TC thing was kind of stupid, it was only set in place because of one situation where a guy sold TC he had stolen (which was sunk for absolutely no reason) because staff can't handle situations properly.

I think staff don't know how to handle situations because as someone said, it's 'voluntary work' and a lot of these staff members aren't trained properly to deal with tough situations in my opinion.

In any other game they usually completely ban player to player currency selling, trying to meet it in the middle simply won't work in some cases, as this one, because it's impossible to prove someone is illegally selling TC. You can even transfer through duels!
Last edited by McFarbo; May 24, 2020 at 10:27 PM.
I'm sorry, is this some kind of joke? If you have no proof, there is absolutely NO reason to be banning a player, and this is coming from someone who is ex-staff and has seen his fair share of users get banned. Toribash isn't some kind of 1984 experiment. You can't just be banning people because you think they might of broken a rule... this is power abuse in broad daylight. Not going to lie the situation does seem fishy, but it should absolutely never have been handled the way it was. Get your act together before Toribash Next because stuff like this should never happen.

EDIT: Typo
Help Squad | Companions | OFRO
Do you require assistance? PM ME!