For this i shall thank thee! ;)
Attached Images
legs.jpg (2.25 MB, 1583 views)
Attached Files
legs.jpg_thumb (13.4 KB, 313 views)
Your truly, P. Etheryte
Re: Toribash to POV-Ray Tutorial
my god, what an amazing tutorial! awesome nokturnal
don't unban, he has hard coded userid bypasses everywhere.
Well done. It will stop some questions (those people who actually search the forums first) and includes pretty much everything.

I hate creating images for tutorials, and I think you have done a pretty good job at it.

Pat yourself on the back and have an icecream!
I has a flavour
For some reason my firefoxie is broken by this. The HUEG image overlaps the next 3-4 posts
EDIT: Was, seems like a random glitch oO

Nice tut ^^

Oh, and is it possible to apply textures in POV-Ray? (never used it) Just thougth if the heads could be textured in it as they are in the game.
What what? In the butt.
I have created a .inc file which already does this.

identify.inc

it is in the art forum (cant remember exactly where!)
I has a flavour
Very nice nok,

That tutorial is a piece of art itself :o
thanks guys, now lets wait and hope that the art forum is flooded with l33t renders
okay... I kinda figured out how to use POV-Ray like that... but now I am faced with a new problem.

I changed the floor color in glossy-lighting.inc and saved it under a different file name. I changed the RGB values to 0, 0, 0. The floor and sky turned black. Now, when I change them back, the area the spotlight shines on (I didn't change the spotlight at all) is affected, so I can make a little red circle, or a green circle, etc. However, I cannot change the sky and rest of the floor. I'm not sure what's going on, but I did tinker with the spotlight's color after that, and I got a nice color balance, but there's so much black it defeats the purpose of the colors I used.

Is there any chance someone could actually write an INC editing tutorial?

I'm probably just going to make everything take a long time if I try to learn it like Photoshop (press buttons and hope you can learn what you just did)
Originally Posted by ManBreakfast
I changed the floor color in glossy-lighting.inc and saved it under a different file name. I changed the RGB values to 0, 0, 0. The floor and sky turned black. Now, when I change them back, the area the spotlight shines on (I didn't change the spotlight at all) is affected, so I can make a little red circle, or a green circle, etc. However, I cannot change the sky and rest of the floor. I'm not sure what's going on, but I did tinker with the spotlight's color after that, and I got a nice color balance, but there's so much black it defeats the purpose of the colors I used.

Is there any chance someone could actually write an INC editing tutorial?

i was actually thinking of doing such a tutorial. i am no expert at all with pov-ray, so it might take a while though.
as for your problem, the easiest thing to do is to copy the ground/sky settings from the original file, and start another attempt