Toribash
Original Post
Lighting/Glow Body Parts

Hello community,

I've been thinking this idea for a few weeks ago and as I've seen no one has said it on a thread. Consist about some body parts glow, for example the fists, feet and maybe inside the textures too.

Details:

Body Parts
The effect may not be like an object or a flame, needs to be attached on the body part, like the textures (but isn't that at all). It's like the inside of tori glows and as its a light, must illuminate the place and the near objects or the opponent. I honestly don't know much how this can be created but I did an illustration of this.

Demo

Lighting on textures
The way this might be possible is to make an special requirement inside the art of the texture. Maybe a pattern or a specific color can be use it to activate the glow in-game.

Demo

Settings:

Intensity
The intensity of the glow shouldn't be changed by users,because if it's able to change it, someone can set the intensity too high and will annoying and may lag. So it would be better and easy if its set to one level for default.

Colors
To change the color can be on the forum's options where you can select them. Each glow might be with a different color.

So this was the idea so far. I'm pretty sure you guys may have some good ideas for this.Thanks for read it, hope you like it.
Last edited by Jodus; Dec 3, 2017 at 10:11 PM.
This is so supported that I can't even handle.

Would you marry me?
-----
Maybe you could buy an item like a green gem for the hand and depending on the intensity of the movement towards the enemy the glow will amplify and when it hits the target that area receives a little bit of glow, damn i'm already dreaming with this.
Last edited by IIInsanEEE; Jan 14, 2015 at 05:54 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
This would make spars and such, much more appealing to the eyes.
[19:59] <Lazors> man it's a good thing people don't see what i write here
Originally Posted by IIInsanEEE View Post
This is so supported that I can't even handle.

Would you marry me?
-----
Maybe you could buy an item like a green gem for the hand and depending on the intensity of the movement towards the enemy the glow will amplify and when it hits the target that area receives a little bit of glow, damn i'm already dreaming with this.

Nice one, that would be pretty awesome xd. What I've thinking that might disturb a bit are the trails.
-----
Originally Posted by Skylar View Post
This would make spars and such, much more appealing to the eyes.

Yes, I can imagine some nice spins n stuff with the glow on the arms and legs, it will look pretty cool.
Last edited by Jodus; Jan 14, 2015 at 06:06 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Yea, Like glowing fists? There could be a new tab in the Torishop called "Effects"
Glowing feet and crap like that.
Like a certain white color glows.
This glowing effect with black shaders *mwah! (not you mwah)*

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
"Kill them with kindness and bury them with a smile"
God ABD player and masterful Daycare.tbm connoisseur
Originally Posted by Alterations View Post
Yea, Like glowing fists? There could be a new tab in the Torishop called "Effects"
Glowing feet and crap like that.
Like a certain white color glows.
This glowing effect with black shaders *mwah! (not you mwah)*

Sounds great, but I don't know if more shaders might be more laggy.

Originally Posted by DeakManiac View Post
I support this fully 100%, seems cool. Espically the texture glows?

Yes! I guess the best description for this would be like Neon lights.
I think that instead of transparency in textures which is really lame there should be an interpreter telling that if some part in the texture is mapped as transparent it should be then be translated to "Glow", and that specific part will glow following the "Glow item" that you bought.
I really like this idea. It would look so awesome to have certain parts of your tori glowing and other parts dark. Great contrast.

supported.
blue
pink
Originally Posted by IIInsanEEE View Post
I think that instead of transparency in textures which is really lame there should be an interpreter telling that if some part in the texture is mapped as transparent it should be then be translated to "Glow", and that specific part will glow following the "Glow item" that you bought.

Yeah. I was wondering a way to make that mapping for the neon light on the texture without mix it with whatever the colors of the art will be. Needs to be something rare and unique.
Originally Posted by Kradel View Post
I really like this idea. It would look so awesome to have certain parts of your tori glowing and other parts dark. Great contrast.

supported.

That's the point d:
Tis a great idea. It'd be like Flame Forge Huh? Where you buy it In game but you can change the RGB and Brightness and whatnot.
But that wouldn't really work for the textures. There'd have to be a way to get around it Like Making Transparent texture where you want the glow to come through and Non-Transparent for Where the texture is.

That could be highly abused though. I could make a Highly glow skin so You wouldn't be able to tell where my tori was.... It'd just be alotta light coming off the tori.