ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Possibly Better Gripping
Toribash's current gripping is pretty unrealistic.

Once you grab onto something, it's an unbreakable superglue grip.

It's not a grip of steel. It's a grip of a substance harder than diamonds that we have yet to discover.

It could be made more realistic if there'd be a customisable grip threshold that makes it so that it takes a certain amount of force to be delivered to the gripping hand to break the grip.

It could either be a game rule similar to the dismember, damage to score, and fracture thresholds, or a special setting on the hand body part that goes under the mod maker's Body II tab (this would allow one hand to have a stronger grip than the other).

It's pretty simple.

Well, that'd be all.
Let me know what you think of my idea.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Regards,
Rice
Boredom is a form of depression, so it's best that you cure it.
I personally actually love this idea but I feel it would much better be able to turn on or off for the sake of things like bet servers/dueling and replay making
Originally Posted by Rosed View Post
I personally actually love this idea but I feel it would much better be able to turn on or off for the sake of things like bet servers/dueling and replay making

If it'd be a threshold game rule, it could be turned off by just going into the game rules and setting it to 0. It could also even be turned off with the /opt command, now that you mention it. It could be something like /opt gripT 0.
Last edited by RiceReaper; Jan 9, 2017 at 03:26 AM.
Boredom is a form of depression, so it's best that you cure it.
It sounds to me like just another feature that might spawn some new mods but other than that not add much to the game

It is an interesting concept though

It could really change combat for a lot of new/old mods. Breakable grabs are a thing that a lot of people have asked for, and for good reason. There's not too many other ideas that could step up the complexity and possibilities of fights without much, if any, consequence.

Just like every previous time this has been suggested, I heavily support this being implemented.

this is already on the modmakers wishlist, created by the members of tmu, ill paste the link below when i find it
-----
i cant find it... i know odlov bumped it a couple months ago...
Last edited by Hezk; Jan 13, 2017 at 01:44 AM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
art horder. i like art.
mod requests: https://discord.gg/VEYqUSU
Originally Posted by hezkezljr View Post
this is already on the modmakers wishlist, created by the members of tmu, ill paste the link below when i find it
-----
i cant find it... i know odlov bumped it a couple months ago...

You mean this thread?