Ranking
Original Post
Do you prefer a Closing, Mid-day, or Opening shift?
Go
[🥒] x2 🥒x17

https://svntrw.carrd.co

Yet Another Goomba Post/Thread
Most definitely for my current job, the mid day shift. I'm currently working in the dairy department at my local supermarket. Closing alone can be an absolute nightmare. Opening is usually pretty easy though. Not much to set up since everything is nicely made from the night before.

There's work to be done mid-day, so time goes by faster.
definitely not a morning person but morning shifts are the better of the 3 imo. gets all of the responsibilities out of the way and you have the rest of the day free.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
event squad - event artist
need help? pm me.
village idiot
I prefer to get in really early and get most of my work done then, so that I don't have to stay too late.

These days a typical day is like 6:30 - 16:00ish. Apart from Thursdays when I teach astronomy in the evening too, that's pretty tough.

It's super cliché, but you gotta find a job you enjoy so the long days don't feel so long.

EDIT: when I worked part-time though, I worked nights. Was a poor life decision, don't do night-shifts.
one time i had a hair deep in my urethra and when i pulled it out it felt kinda good ~fudgiebalz 2020

<~Skul> they're not children, they're demon midgets
<~Skul> if you kill one in front of the rest, they'll scatter and leave
Originally Posted by Moop View Post
I prefer to get in really early and get most of my work done then, so that I don't have to stay too late.

These days a typical day is like 6:30 - 16:00ish. Apart from Thursdays when I teach astronomy in the evening too, that's pretty tough.

It's super cliché, but you gotta find a job you enjoy so the long days don't feel so long.

EDIT: when I worked part-time though, I worked nights. Was a poor life decision, don't do night-shifts.

on the contrary, work night shift for jobs that cater to your natural strengths, its easier to be monotonous that way.

I'm going to slightly ignore the title cause I do shift work at a security company and my schedule can change so i've had multiple amounts of experience across all three of these things, we don't actually open or close my department, it can still kind of apply.

I enjoy starting around 1000 and leaving at around 1800, it's probably my favourite shift.

0200 to 10:00 is a nice shift, especially if it's my last day at work, I tend not to sleep at all if after i finish, so if I have two in a row it can get dicey depending on how rough the first one was or the second one is.

0700 to 1500 is fine, i guess. It's not my fav but it's certainly a stable shift that allows you to get the job done and have some down time. (if you're the kind of person that gets into work early and doesn't unset the alarm before you wander around to put your shit down, you suck. The only reason you're not costing your work a ton of money for patrols/static guards/police checks is becase we know your dumbass does the same thing every time so we give you a couple minutes extra to use your brain)

1500 to 2300 is kinda lame, it cuts out the times of day I'm much more liable to be productive. Great for my employers of course. But it drains me when it's 3 out of my 5 shifts.

1800 to 0200 is fine too. If it's my last shift, it's nice. It cuts into your next day though, so unless you commit to being up all day or are a short sleeper, you can miss part of your first day off.

2300 to 0700 isn't my favourite, because the easy shifts are so dead and the hard shifts are balls to the wall for the whole eight hours. Plus, same as the 1800 to 0200 shift you have to decide how your next day is going to go. Sleep or Full day is a hard choice, especially when your first day off is already a third over by the time you get home. (also read the brackets of 0700 to 1500, it applies here too)
at my old position where I work at I absolutely loved 2nd shifts. I enjoyed waking up, doing whatever, go to work, and go to sleep immediately after. I always felt exhausted after work so going to sleep was really easy. plus it was more pay and less hours compared to opening. plus I never had to worry about oversleeping and being late for shifts. Nowadays after some moving around at my location + a few promotions, 1st shifts are where it's at.
Last edited by Rfifan; Feb 17, 2020 at 09:07 AM.
I worked at a Italian based place where closing was better imo. You'd get hit with the Dinner Rush which was chaos for the most part, I'll make a Pros and Cons in spoilers for the positions I held while I was there:

Dishwasher/Busser

Server

Oh and just in case any1 was going to ask:

2 Dishwashers on Dinner shift, 1 for Lunch
3/4 Bussers for Dinner shift(4 only on Fridays and Saturdays), 1/2 for Lunch depending on the day
5-7 Servers for Dinner shift(Server Manager was a twat and didn't know how to schedule), 2-3 for Lunch
Last edited by Saturn; Feb 18, 2020 at 03:42 AM.
Ex-Tori-Agent | Ex-Event Squad | Best Planet

splish splash aeon is trash | [a]dventure
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]