Toribash
Original Post
Clan war betting.
So I am currently spectating a clan war and I wanted to place a 10k bet on one of the clans but I did not know how this would work.
So I thought of this for a while.
I thought of bets being placed at 0-0 and lock up from then.
The bets would be collected at the end of the clan war.
With the new clan war system I think this would fit right with it but I'm not sure if it would take much coding.
Ex:
[Mr]vs[eVo]
First to 3
Kasiusis Has placed a 10000 bet on [Mr]
Qubic has placed a 50000 bet on [eVo]
3 games later
[Mr] Has won the clan war
Kasiusis has won a 60000 bet.
This may be looked down upon due to making tc off other clans but it is the same as normal betting but it may be taken wrong.
Well, at least some automated system is neded to count clan wins/losses, some rules for a winning should be specified and other cost effective things. But the main problem is that you would rarely find more than 2 or 3 people who came on the server in advance to bet for a clan before the clanwar starts (otherwise it does not make sense) and then just watch the games (probably the most interesting part if there are good clans fighting) but more than likely you will be the only person who bet there.
Originally Posted by shevaroler View Post
Well, at least some automated system is neded to count clan wins/losses, some rules for a winning should be specified and other cost effective things. But the main problem is that you would rarely find more than 2 or 3 people who came on the server in advance to bet for a clan before the clanwar starts (otherwise it does not make sense) and then just watch the games (probably the most interesting part if there are good clans fighting) but more than likely you will be the only person who bet there.

There is a such system... Anyway, there is a betting system implicated into said system that allows prizes to the winner. Both clans bet a prize, and the winner gets all. I do like this idea though. I hope Fish sees this and considers it.
[Team Wushu]
Pm me any questions! I will be happy to help.
~ Supported.

It could be used as stakes for clan wars too, I definately support this.
_________________.( MindStorm )._________________
I'm the leader of this pretty cool clan called Apex.
IRC is love, IRC is life. Hit me up on the #Apex channel!
Wanna help feed my ego? Join my fan club!
Are you awesome? Apply for Apex.
It could be also used for personal betting instead of just clan stakes and such. So if the problem occurs of noone in the room except the clan members they could bet.