ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Add more trigger actions
It's a shame that the only things triggers can do is cause win/draw or color an object/bodypart. Would be great if they could, for example, display text on screen (eg FATALITY!), or remove an object, or even change some game rule (eg gravity).
Yeah it would be cool if there were more trigger actions ans such.
Just take a look at the level editor of happy wheels. It has some nice mechanics to play with.

Klein Bottles only have one surface so they are the easiest thing to clean

Yesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyesyes please

I'd love triggers that give points upon initial activation or something.
deactivating/activating an object on touch would be nice, triggers that were like dead-man triggers would be nice for weapons. To elaborate I mean an object that would trigger it's action after the other object stops making contact,for example a player throws his weapon and would trigger a win for the opponent when the hand leaves the handle, or a timed trigger would be nice too
Originally Posted by dabarrett View Post
deactivating/activating an object on touch would be nice, triggers that were like dead-man triggers would be nice for weapons. To elaborate I mean an object that would trigger it's action after the other object stops making contact,for example a player throws his weapon and would trigger a win for the opponent when the hand leaves the handle, or a timed trigger would be nice too

Yeah dab, that would also be great. Really, even little changes can have far-reaching applications for mod-making. The more options, the better. Right now modmaker is extremely limited.
I kinda forgot about this thread, whoopsies.

Tbh I think a trigger overhaul could revolutionize the game and that its worth putting time into.

A couple things I'd like to see are:

1.) alternate ways to activate triggers, like damage thresholds, dismemberment, fractures, a speed threshold, a height threshold, (things that are already measured in some capacity by functions in the game), and dabarrett's suggestions as well.

2.) alternate trigger effects, like awarding points to tori or uke, dismembering&fracturing tori or uke, or applying a certain velocity to the object the trigger exists on (like you can kinda sorta do in nuthug's ingame hacking script), and the things you already suggested.

An update like this would be a huge breath of fresh air, and could flood the modding community with a ton of new ideas and applications.