ES Recruitment Drive
Wrestling - Overturn Single* and Fireman's Carry
Another GREAT single leg attack. Its very important in this move that i stay low.
After picking the leg i wheel throw my opponent by dropping his upper body and raising his leg while driving foward.
Simple and powerful.
**Not a real world technique.

The Fireman's Carry IS a real technique similar to the overturn single where i raise the leg and lower the arm.
Only this time i carry my opponent over my shoulder.

Fireman's Carry

Last edited by footlox; Jan 30, 2015 at 04:40 AM.
Leader of the Spyder House
Toribash Martial Artists
Damn man those replays are really nice, I hadn't seen anyone using real life techniques on aikido and orthodox mods before, and you do it quite nicely.

I like your style, and I like how you don't always use the same opener for your fights, keep doing that! You make me want to try what you do

Parkour • Spar • Skating
Thanks. Team Aikido org is a great place to start if you want to develop throwing skills.
Also to comment on my opener i actually use the same starting move but from there i work off of many different options like pulling guard, shooting for the legs, or setting up a throw.
Toribash Martial Artists
What I like about Aquita is that he can use the same opener everytime but he makes it so he has alot of options. Most people would just go for the snapkick but he shows his creativity by pulling guard and throws. You are great Aquita, keep it up!

i am a bird now - Lil B

Wrestling - Double Leg Takedown
My double leg takedowns happen more by luck then skill but they still have an advantage to the single leg takedown.
Getting both legs means i have more control over my opponents base and center of gravity.
Meaning i snatch their feet out from under them or easily lift and carry them out.
If you want to get a double leg then i would say start with getting a single and then work from there.
Or fake being afk and maybe you can clap on the legs.
I wasnt faking though.

GSP's godly double

Attached Files
wrestling - double carry.rpl (38.2 KB, 16 views)
wrestling - double snatch.rpl (55.3 KB, 8 views)
Last edited by footlox; Feb 22, 2015 at 09:52 AM.
Toribash Martial Artists
Aquita your replays are amazing and I'd love to play you ingame and thanks for all this amazing info
Judo - Shoulder/Arm throws
Arms throws are good for when you only have one hand-to-hand grip or a two-on-one grip (youre grabbing one of your opponents arms with both hands).
These throws are very hard for me to setup intentionally, usually you just have to see the opportunities as they come.

Seoi nage can be done with 2 on 1 grips or just 1 grip as long as you move your arms together.
Typically as i am turning in the direction of the arm im holding, i raise and then quickly pull down the opponents arms so they are tossed over my back.

Morote seoi nage is rare but the same but with 2 hand to hand grips.

yama arashi is like seoi nage only i am sweeping with my leg.

"head and arm drag" is what im calling a shoulder throw with a head grip plus the hand to hand grip.

idk if the different grips seems confusing but the replays all show a similar movement of the harsh pull on the arm which causes the opponent to follow and fall over.

Seoi Nage

Attached Files
judo - seoi nage.rpl (46.7 KB, 20 views)
judo - seoi nage (2).rpl (60.4 KB, 14 views)
judo - seoi nage (3).rpl (58.5 KB, 21 views)
judo - head and arm drag.rpl (41.4 KB, 14 views)
judo - seoi nage (4).rpl (35.9 KB, 6 views)
Last edited by footlox; Sep 26, 2015 at 05:49 PM.
Toribash Martial Artists
Thanks for the compliments guys. i still have more to share and i am always trying to develop new techniques. if you have any live replays of your own bjj or wrestling id love to see them.

also i am always updating old posts to add replays. my goal is to have 5 replays of every technique to prove it works against various opponents of all skill levels. any techniques that i have only used once successfully are labeled 'advanced'.
Last edited by footlox; Jan 20, 2015 at 06:16 AM.
Toribash Martial Artists
Wrestling - Single Leg Slam
Not much technicality here. I lift my opponent up high and put them down hard and fast.

Single Leg Slam

Attached Files
wrestling - single slam.rpl (65.8 KB, 12 views)
wrestling - single slam (2).rpl (38.6 KB, 10 views)
wrestling - single slam (3).rpl (54.7 KB, 11 views)
wrestling - single slam (4).rpl (57.6 KB, 10 views)
wrestling - single slam (5).rpl (41.5 KB, 10 views)
Toribash Martial Artists
Wrestling - Leg Grab Defense
Every now and then i find myself on the other end of a leg grab. So heres some strategies to help beat the leg grab.

-If an opponent is standing tall its usually easy to lift or throw them by pushing my grabbed leg into them and manuavering a lift or crafty throw. This is why a good wrestler drops their level when going for a leg.

-Once an opponent gets a grab of my lower leg I cannot depend on it to base myself on the ground. I give the leg to my opponent and instead post the same side hand on the ground.

-Once my base is secure I can work on a turnover or sweep which i find to be the most effective counter to leg grabs. Personally when an opponent gets my legs i like to invert and stand on my hands, jiu jitsu style, and sweep.

-Another option for the higher level guys who can hit hard. When an opponent is leg grabbing it means their arm is lowered which leaves their head and torso open for a potentially dismembering punch.
Attached Files
wrestling - defense.rpl (54.9 KB, 9 views)
wrestling - defense (2).rpl (54.9 KB, 9 views)
wrestling - defense (3).rpl (27.8 KB, 8 views)
wrestling - defense (4).rpl (46.9 KB, 7 views)
wrestling - defense (5).rpl (46.7 KB, 8 views)
Last edited by footlox; Feb 22, 2015 at 07:15 PM.
Toribash Martial Artists