Toribash
So my guild pretty much disbanded a couple of weeks ago after killing Heroic Nythendra. Main tanks computer died, GM/Raid Leader and off-tank went inactive, DPS started leaving due to lack of progression, and pretty much fell apart.

One DPS from my guild told me to join some other guild with him struggling on Normal progression to help them out. Joined them, raid night came, and we proceeded to one-shot every boss (except Ilgynoth due to poor execution. Took 2 tries) up to Cenarius, where they called it a night (they were 4/7, so this was a big deal for them). They execute mechanics fine, though some of their DPS need some work (some were ~120k, one was pulling less than 100k, while my old guildie and I were pulling around 210k-220k) So my progression is kind of fucked now, unless I start pugging.
Last edited by Rfifan; Oct 21, 2016 at 08:16 PM.
RIP [duck] Aug 28 2011 - April 20 2020
Originally Posted by Rfifan View Post
So my guild pretty much disbanded a couple of weeks ago after killing Heroic Nythendra. Main tanks computer died, GM/Raid Leader and off-tank went inactive, DPS started leaving due to lack of progression, and pretty much fell apart.

One DPS from my guild told me to join some other guild with him struggling on Normal progression to help them out. Joined them, raid night came, and we proceeded to one-shot every boss (except Ilgynoth due to poor execution. Took 2 tries) up to Cenarius, where they called it a night (they were 4/7, so this was a big deal for them). They execute mechanics fine, though some of their DPS need some work (some were ~120k, one was pulling less than 100k, while my old guildie and I were pulling around 210k-220k) So my progression is kind of fucked now, unless I start pugging.

yeah i've never really experienced poor guild/team management or anything as i've never been in any raid-based guilds pre-legion, though i did dip my foot in a bit in cata as i was pulling decent arcane mage numbers then. i've also never joined a "trade-chat guild" or anything like that, and i've never been in a raid guild that hasn't been very serious about raiding/in the top 100 US.

the guild i'm currently in has well over 2000 members and has 10 mythic teams and 3 heroic teams. all 10 of the mythic teams are pushing progression as hard as possible and i recently joined one of the newer mythic teams. our top team known as Champion just got US 17th for this tier and we have 8 mythic teams at 2/7M or higher. either way, not really sure where i'm going with this since i've never had issues with guild stuff but if anyone here, not only rfifan, is really having issues finding a solid guild or whatever and doesn't mind realm transferring to proudmoore and/or faction changing to alliance if you're horde, i'd highly recommend my guild Eternal Kingdom, you can find the website here. i'd only recommend this guild if you're looking for a raid team, there are several hardcore progression teams as well as heroic teams that are simply there to teach new players how to raid. anyway regardless of all this, there are hundreds of guilds that push pretty hardcore progression so it's probably pretty easy to find one no matter what realm you're on, just check which guilds have realm first for your realms and consider joining one of those if you're parsing high.
So I Gquit that guild I was talking about. Shit went down whenever they failed to kill Xavius. The GM was pretty strict on how he wanted to run the raid (he wanted EXACTLY 10 people, and you were REQUIRED to have a mic (he also had a healthstone macro that made me want to punch a hole in a wall).) We picked up some other people from group finder, and when they were trying to help him, he kept dodging their advice, saying he did 10 man because he lacked the members (even though he could have just picked up a couple more people and we would be fine). After 2 pulls, he got upset, got into an argument with the people we picked up about their advice, and he was saying that no one wanted to join his guild because they couldn't kill Xavius.

Me my friend, and a couple others g-quit shortly after. Shit was funny as hell though

Some other guildies from my other guild made a guild so I'm probably going to get hooked up with them.

Also 7.1 comes out tomorrow. Karazhan going to be fucking sick.
Last edited by Rfifan; Oct 25, 2016 at 08:35 AM.
randomly got my 2nd legendary while doing attunement mythics for karazhan, turns out they're literally the worst legendary that i could have gotten, sucks but w/e

No first legendary yet, but I did down mythic nyth which is neat. And hit 1910 PR in 3s
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
this happened

"huge screenshot

"then this happened

0.8% drop rate

I'm still shaking...

Everyone needed on this btw
Last edited by Rfifan; Oct 28, 2016 at 08:20 AM.
YES

Got my first legendary! Legendary Rogue belt. Got it doing my Kara attune.

I've been running Sin/Disc for 2s, and MW/Sin for 2s. For 3s, we run usually FDK/Sin/Healer (usually Disc)

I'm going to start trying out sub for the next day or so, their playstyle is attractive for it's much higher skill cap.
Need help?
Creati0n says: still my favorite. <3
I sacrificed my firstborn for this great human being to join (M) ~R
Just Use Thunder!
grats to both of you guys, lots of luck going around recently. haven't really gotten into pvp myself and i'm not great at it but if anyone ever wants to run some arena and is alliance, just lemme know.

no luck on getting dragons down tonight, but my team is 3/7M and i really hope we can get to at least 5/7M next week so we can start progression on cenarius.