Ranking
If you like taekkyon because of the short frames as it allows you to use some riskier moves and be rewarded if it succeeds
> What's good about it?
the lower gravity for nice jump kicks
> What's bad about it?
the ease of some dms. Like just grabbing
> And if i could find a way to make a mod that fixed those bad elements, would you consider playing it? i would play it more but the fact is the ease of dms is what makes taekkyon more enjoyable than other mods. So it only bothers me in the worst of times.
trolls are everywhere

> If you like taekkyon and why
i dislike it. i prefer kb. rather intense.

> What's good about it?
idk

> What's bad about it?
reason: openers, way too low dm.

> And if i could find a way to make a mod that fixed those bad elements, would you consider playing it?
most likely i will still prefer kb over tk, but i will give it a try.
tell me about aikido
~referencing Dark Souls in suicidal threads since 13/01/15
I don't get why people complain over openers. This same issue was, and still is slightly, prevalent in all gamemodes. Wushu used to be considered an all opener gamemode until players got better and could make comebacks consistently. However, that doesn't stop a player from coming up with a hard to beat opener, and just running as soon as they have the advantage. Aikido still has the whole shovelling and kicklifting bitchfest.

What happened was people realized ways to counter each move, or they adapted the gamemode's playstyle. Same thing happens with TK, it's just the popularity of it is markedly... lower... for some odd reason, which makes such changes either obscure to the populace, or take longer to occur. Snap kicks can be countered completely by knee grabs, partially by a leg grab. Snap kicks can be deflected with your own snap kick, or reduced in effectiveness by turning the body to present less joints to hit. If anything, snap kicks are basically in the same boat as shovelling and wushu jump kicks; while it may take less effort to do it, it's becomes obsolete as players become more competent at improvisation and adaptation rather than focusing on openers.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
I personally love TK over most mods mostly due to the technique flexibility and how one can change there "style" to there liking. I feel mods like judo it is more of a guess and hope game, and the first move basically forms the winner with a dismemberment of an important part like the toros, so the opener can do everything in it.

Originally Posted by Oracle View Post
I don't get why people complain over openers.

I agree completly with Oracle, people need to stop bitching and saying the opener is "the most important" in tk. Sure I feel "snapkicks" are a little beginnerish, but they are easily stopped if your opener is made to catch a snap kick. TK is by far one of the best mods. I feel if you change the mod a little like Kristis said I think it'll be even better.
Some additional thoughts:
Fewer dismemberments and more fracs could make matches more intense.
Higher gravity would probably solve comeback problem in most cases. Dunno how much it would affect the gameplay. I imagine it would make it more challenging to kick the upper body of your opponent in the first turns.

Originally Posted by Zinx View Post

I agree completly with Oracle, people need to stop bitching and saying the opener is "the most important" in tk. Sure I feel "snapkicks" are a little beginnerish, but they are easily stopped if your opener is made to catch a snap kick.

lol'd
How are you?
Higher gravity just makes snap kicks designed to break the leg or knee significantly more effective, with little other influence. Comebacks are influenced primarily by the players' capability to stay attached, rather than use the ground to close gaps.

However, if I remember correctly, there used to be a version of tk that was done for the shortest time that had 150 dm and 100 frac. Was pretty fun, openers were still effective, but fracs occured much more often than dms, meaning openers didn't dominate the games even with inexperienced tk players, as players usually stayed close (via grab) with only fractured chest parts or glutes from snap kicks. It did increase grappling by a little bit though.

Also, most openers can be adapted to "catch" a snap kick. They don't need to be designed to do it.
nyan :3
Youtube Channel i sometimes post videos of other games
> If you like taekkyon and why : First and foremost,I love gore.It's a thing that tk offers a lot.Also,I love 10tf as well,it gives you lots of control,and the distance is fine as well,yeah snapkicks are sometimes a pain to deal with,but imo it improves your game.To be godly at tk you have to be able to counter everything!As said before it is an effective mod as well.

> What's good about it?
The tf,engage distance

> What's bad about it?
I think the dm might be a bit low.The mod is supposed to reward the people that can get a good hit right?Now,I'm fairly sure,that a hit with a reasonable amount of momentum would dm on 150.This would decrease the amount of random dms.I don't want frac in this mod honestly,it would just destroy my movement,if I leave myself exposed to a hit,then I'd be dm'ed end of story.

> And if i could find a way to make a mod that fixed those bad elements, would you consider playing it?Increase dm,needs some testing though.
Your messed up world enthrills me
Originally Posted by Redundant View Post
Some additional thoughts:
Fewer dismemberments and more fracs could make matches more intense.
Higher gravity would probably solve comeback problem in most cases. Dunno how much it would affect the gameplay. I imagine it would make it more challenging to kick the upper body of your opponent in the first turns.

lol'd

What?
I've never really played TK, no one ever seems to be in the rooms/tourneys. I've played it a couple of times, just not long enough to make a properly informed decision about it. If there was more people playing and there was higher DM threshold (I distinctly remember that being a problem when I played.) then I think I'd get into it a lot more.

If you made a mod to improve it, I'd definitely give it a shot =)
<sireal> chuck you're a gay cunt
<Chuck_Gaming> I am
What's good about it?
Its a bit of a break from aikido and bigdojo... Kinda like the feeling of being able to swing myself back at someone in mid air p: oh and its fast raced.
What's bad about it?
Random dismemberment's.. and then there are those times where you kick or punch the person with enough force and a good angel for it but nothing seems to happen.
And if i could find a way to make a mod that fixed those bad elements, would you consider playing it?
Defiantly, my boring bigdojo days need to end! :3
Note: I like ErthTkV2, but there never seems to be anybody there...