Ranking
Original Post
Shaders help (For Mac)
I've looked through all the threads about turning on shaders, and none of them seem to describe my problem or give me a way to fix it.

When i turn shaders to "1" in setup, the game doesnt crash, but the shaders don't appear either.

Any ideas?

Heres my graphics display information (Copied from 'About this Mac')
Chipset Model: ATY,RV280M9+
Type: Display
Bus: AGP
VRAM (Total): 32 MB
Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
Device ID: 0x5c63
Revision ID: 0x0001
ROM Revision: 113-xxxxx-142
Displays:

Thankyou.
count me in on this

Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x27a2
Revision ID: 0x0003
I can hear chants and incantations and some guy is mentionin' me in his prayers / I don't know what it is but there's definitely something going on upstairs

RAWR
same here:
gma: 950... wait a sec, gill, we are exact copies!
in memory you have:
Size: 512 MB
Type: DDR2 SDRAM
Speed: 667 MHz
am i right?
oh, and you have a macbook, am i right?
same here,
Intel GMA 950:

Chipset Model: GMA 950
Bus: Built-In
VRAM (Total): 64 MB of shared system memory
Vendor: Intel (0x8086)
Device ID: 0x27a2
Revision ID: 0x0003

Also, there have been two updates for the windows version, yet none for the mac, should we expect an update soon?

Edit: Just checked, the GMA 950 says it supports pixel 2.0 shading, odd that the toribash shaders aren't working..
Last edited by Gamling; Oct 29, 2007 at 06:01 PM.
If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving isn’t for you. --- Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't. --- Some people are like slinkys... They aren't good for anything, but they're still fun to watch fall down the stairs --- Bomb Squad: If you see us running, try to keep up
Yeah, same problem with Intel's GMA 950.

I can't even get a crash or something, even with 3.02, I use the -shaders 1 switch and go to setup and choose "1" for shaders, the game doesn't react at all...

Windows XP SP2
Latest DX 9.0c installed
aw, crap :P
Oh well, thanks anyway Stilf
Still a fantastic game
I can hear chants and incantations and some guy is mentionin' me in his prayers / I don't know what it is but there's definitely something going on upstairs

RAWR
name: Intel(R) 82915G Express Chipset Family
Manufacturer: Intel Corporation
Chip Type: Intel(R) 82915G Express Chipset Controller
DAC Type: Internal
Approx. Total Memory: 64.0 MB
Current Display Mode: 1024 x 768 (32 bit) (60Hz)
Monitor: Plug and Play Monitor

Operating System: Microsoft Windows XP Home Edition

Can I use shaders?
man, i was really looking foward to them. Oh well.
If at first you don’t succeed, then skydiving isn’t for you. --- Those who live by the sword get shot by those who don't. --- Some people are like slinkys... They aren't good for anything, but they're still fun to watch fall down the stairs --- Bomb Squad: If you see us running, try to keep up
Can somone tell me how i can activate shaders on my iMac? I dont work when i type /Iws shadername.inc need help pls.