ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Where is TB in fedora!?!?
i have installed toribash on fedora 9 but i cannot locate the installed file! where is it?!
I AM THE EGGMAN!
"Goo-Goo-Ga-Joob"
Which method did you use? Was is a RPM or the compressed version?

*EDITS*

Open a terminal or run box, the command is:

toribash
Last edited by SkulFuk; Nov 7, 2008 at 07:12 PM.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
this is what happens when i try!

[Nico@localhost ~]$ toribash
/usr/share/games/toribash/toribash.bin: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL_ttf-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
[Nico@localhost ~]$
I AM THE EGGMAN!
"Goo-Goo-Ga-Joob"
You need to install/update your SDL.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Lol.

K, SDL is a set if lib files that some games etc use. They do graphics, sound, networking etc.

You need to load YUM - it's what installs stuff for you. Then you need to find SDL, it'll hopefully be listed. (It's been a long time since I used fedora)

Here's a tutorial on using YUM & installing stuff:

http://docs.fedoraproject.org/yum/en/

Once you've got SDL installed (it's several separate packages) then your good to go.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
zomg it didn't work!!! it said that the sdl is already updated! what do i do now?!

also when i try to run the toribash.bin file, it says i do not have the permissions to!
I AM THE EGGMAN!
"Goo-Goo-Ga-Joob"
Hmmm. It's kinda hard to talk you though without expecting you to know how to do things! Me not having a *nix pc near me doesn't make it any easier either, but here goes.

To sort the permissions thing.

You need access to the file system as root. There's a chance they'll have provided an icon for it, but more than likely not.

So run the command:

gksu nautilus

That'll bring up a file browser with root permissions.

You need to go to the root of the file system ( / ) then goto /usr/share/games/toribash/

In there you'll find the toribash.bin file - right click on it & goto properties. Select the permissions tab & set is so that all users can read & write the file etc

Try running toribash once you've done that.

If it still spits the dummy about SDL after that then see if YUM has the libSDL_ttf module (it might have a slightly different name in YUM) or see if there's an update available.

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
this is just so fucked up....im converting to ubuntu as we speak...thx for the help, but my fedora must be retarded or something...you can close this thread now...
I AM THE EGGMAN!
"Goo-Goo-Ga-Joob"
Originally Posted by ChuckKills View Post
fedora must be retarded or something...

^ My thoughts on Fedora. ;)

<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you