Ranking
Original Post
[Tut]Erth's Taekkyon Tips and tricks
Taekkyon Tips and tricks
Your simple guide to beating down everyone (WARNING: results may vary)
An Introduction:
Alright, well first an introduction to me, hello there. My name is Erth, feel free to pm me with any questions or anything whatsoever for that matter. Been playing for a year or two now and i was recently invited to teach here at unibash. Well enough about me, and introduction to taekkyon. Firstly i'll start by saying it isnt easy, when you first start playing it you will lose... A lot. Taekkyon is hard, and most of the people who play it are great at Toribash so take every dm as a victory, even if you dont win. Now for taekkyon there is no definitive guide to winning, theres a few starting moves and a few tips and tricks. This tutorial will hopefully deal with the tips end of things.
Taekkyon; what is it?
Lets start with the game rules:
Matchframes: 120
Turnframes: 10
Dismemberment threshold: 100
Distance: 180
Gravity: -9.82
Self damage is on and so is disqualification so watch out for opponents that throw parts to dq. Only your hands and feet can touch the floor in taekkyon, one tactic uses this to its advantage by using the floor lots to get momentum and getting low (personally i dont like it, its risky). Now to sum up Tk in a short few sentances, one would say a fast paced short game in which opponents must adapt using grabs and kicks to counter and defeat the opponent.
Tip 1: Avoid Holding lots of joints
This one is pretty self explanatory, dont hold lots of joints. A few is ok, but joints are easier to dismember if they are held.

Exhibit 1 ^
This guy decided to hold all his chest joints in the 'T' area. This simply allowed for a 3 dm boom. if its going to get hit or have lots of contact, dont hold it. Now im not saying if you dont hold it it wont dismember, im simply saying it will be less likely if you dont hold it.
(UNFINISHED: I dont have microsoft word so i will come back and finish this at a later date)
Last edited by Erth; Mar 22, 2011 at 10:51 PM.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.
This really helped me! Good job. Easy to follow tutorial and I think this will help others like it did with me. Good job >Erth!
[18:19] <@Noah> we penetrate every orifice with corndogs
thanks erth, this tutorial really helps me. i just reached black belt, first time i played taekkyon, i won (lucky me ). but, every matches after that i lost (poor me ). wish you finish this soon.
Cheers guys, appreciate that. I will soon be opening up ingame classes for aikido tk and ninjitsu just incase anyone was interested.
She/They

Yeah, I only don't like erthtkv2 because of the mod's name. Make it "tkv2," and the mod will instantly become more popular. This is a valid reason as the name of the mod is still an important feature that no one seems to have yet discussed.