Ranking
Original Post
1024x1024 head textures
I think it is time to move on.
Computers have changed in the past few years so i dont think it would be much of a lag issue.

If full sets are to much why not just make 1024x1024 heads?

I think everybody will want one and they will be super hip!
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
It isn't about "lag" and anyone running a machine without enough VRAM to handle them shouldn't be playing games in the first place.

However past 512x512 you're talking major diminishing returns unless you're running the game at a stupidly high resolution. We're talking 4k+ before it's honestly worth having them, the pixel density just isn't high enough at lower resolutions unless you're zoomed right in.

However the game does support them, infact your GPU will hit it's max texture wall before the game does, so if you want to see what I mean feel free to make some silly high res ones and pop them in your custom folder to test them out.
Ideally ones with a lot of fine 1px details, no point in using Minecraft quality art at that resolution. ;)

eg 16,384x16,384 is technically possible if you have the hardware for it
(that will give you 128x the detail of a 128x128 texture)
Last edited by SkulFuk; Jan 28, 2017 at 06:54 PM.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Actually there is some difference

Screen

Not that big at a distance but there is a noticeble difference, tbh, even 256 looks decent enough but people always tend for the 512. Why not the 1024, even if only for heads.

A lot of people would spend 40k-50k/texture for this
there are 3200 512 heads in toribash atm, 64kk stc sinked
in some time these could sink at least that ammount of tc but besides that itțs fun adding new items . I think itțs worth a shot
= SELLING MARKET INVENTORY =
Pm me for deals
I never said there wasn't a difference, but it is the point of diminishing returns on sub UHD resolutions - so rather than getting 4x the detail of a 512 it's more like a quarter which you have to zoom in to see.

I'm not going to say they wont happen, but with 4x the resolution comes 4x the file size - and that means server space. Don't expect things like that to be TC purchases, between how easily large amounts can be gained via betting & tournaments people would just buy TC from other players to pay for them. Safe to assume they'd be $ only.

Servers aint free, and Nabi has to make money from the game somehow.

<Erf> SkulFuk: gf just made a toilet sniffing joke at me
<Erf> i think
<Erf> i think i hate you
Just for the head, It would be about 5-8$ assuming nabi will just double (and not anything more) their prices of 512.

I can only imagine the cost of a full set of these textures. Giving how textures of this size would almost require $$ instead of TC since we all know TB's servers are not the best at handling what we already have as it is. We are talking over 80$ (Respectfully doubling the price for full 512 in store) for the whole set NOT INCLUDING JOINTS!!! and that's being generous REALLY Generous.
Last edited by Fates; Feb 3, 2017 at 04:37 AM.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
[VIBE] 2015~2016 | Team Pokemon | [Origin] 2014~2015 | Team Aikido | [Obey] ~Because Frost Said So...