ES Recruitment Drive
Grohenbird: then, by your logic, if somebody accidentally drops their wallet on the street, it is not theft to pick it up and run?

Levi: I dislike itemp for the very traits, manifestation of which that theft was. If any other person possessed those traits and committed similar actions, I’d dislike them as much. You say that you can name a few people who WOULD do the same. It means none of them have done it. Doing something and having the potential to do it are very different things. Also, pay attention to the definition of theft that I presented under the spoiler in the first post. Do you disagree with it?

McFarbo: who has committed what theft?

iTemp: yes, there have been a lot of scams in USD duels, many of which were committed by you. I understand that you may not care about what people have to say about you, which is one more reason why this discussion should not be shut down. You’re asking ‘’where the blatant theft is coming from”, I’ll explain: you kept the money that deoxer accidentally sent you, then, after he put up a dispute, you lied to him so that he would cancel it, and then blocked all communication with him.

This is actual theft and fraud.

Yes, deoxer made a mistake of sending extra money(which he wasn't even obliged to do, since USD duels are not supported). You are right to blame him for that. But you cannot blame him for the fact that itemp decided to keep it. That is entirely itemp's fault.
And that is a big problems, taking advantage of others' mistakes for you own benefits, while not caring about how it would affect them. This is selfish and fucking disgusting.

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang
Levi: you're saying this based on what? I understand that maybe you dislike some of the people here, including me, apparently(even though I don't know you), but it doesn't mean they would do it.

I've had plenty of opportunities to do a similar thing and earn even more, and I never did. I'm sure Fire, KyouKiSu and Deoxer have had theirs. I don't see anybody talking about them stealing stuff.
I don't really know you, Levi, but I'd assume, you wouldn't stoop so low either. Neither would probably Karstnator or McFarbo. Or would you?

I believe that most of people would not do this. It takes a special kind of person to do such things without dire need.
Originally Posted by Levi View Post
All this talk from people who would do the same exact thing as itemp in that situation. Pretty crazy not gonna lie.

Don't come in here assuming things and throwing accusations. I would NOT have done such a thing, so speak of your self.

If I was able to have one wish, it would be to live closer to my one true love Fred, his beard tastes so nice.
He is also a far superior tk player.
LegGang
basic: its toribash, who wouldnt assume that.

Diamond: my main is dylan which was banned(idk if that makes you know me still) but yeah you are correct that obviously what I said was out of hand a bit, I’ve just experienced a lot of scummy shit on this game over the years so I never know what to expect.

Fire: my accusations obviously were a bit extreme and was taken out of the context which is obviously my fault because of how I worded it. Like I said to diamond ive seen some scummy shit on this game so I dont know what to expect. There are only a few people I’m certain wouldn’t do that.
I like ya cut g.
this is the most dishonest thread i've ever seen

Originally Posted by Diamond View Post
Is there a society in the world, in which theft is not a crime? I don’t think there is one. It certainly is a crime in yours, whoever you are. Only thing about it that seems to vary from country to country is how severe the punishment for it is.

This brings us to our community and its ways of dealing with theft. I’m sure, most of you have already seen the thread created by a victim of theft a few days ago. It was closed by staff members immediately with the reasoning that it would bring hate upon the person who stole the money. On top of that, the thief suffered no punishment for his despicable actions at all.

Originally Posted by Ele, on your infamous ban thread
We're not talking about people breaking real-life laws here dude. We're talking about rules in an online forum.

You didn't seem to disagree with it then.

I saw the thread. You're wrong. It wasn't closed to save iTemp's face, but because it had no business existing there. It read like a user report. This thread is basically the same anyway.

No punishment? Again, false. The situation is still being investigated:
Originally Posted by suomynona
The staff is investigating the situation, and we will take actions as we see appropriate from the evidence available to us.

Punishments come after the verdict.

Strange situation, right? It appears that in this community you can steal and get away with it, but you cannot talk about it?

Settle down and get off your high horse, bucko.

I would like to hear your opinions on this situation, and the following questions in particular:

- Why does our community tolerate theft, when everywhere in the world it is considered a crime?
- Do you agree that thieves’ actions should not be exposed, because it may bring hate upon them?
- Do you agree that thieves' actions should not be discussed, because it may be offensive to them?
- Do you agree that people should get banned for things like slurs and toxicity(not to bring up my experiences, where I was getting banned on suspicion of striking a fair deal) but not for blatant theft?

Welcome to the dishonest questions olympics 2020. This year promises to be a good one as Diamond from the US throws out 4 bangers.

I'll throw my hat in the ring: (Yes or No question) Are you aware that your entire post mischaracterises relevant situations, virtue signals by saying 'theft bad', and poses loaded (we're talking Jeff Bezos loaded) questions?

To staff members viewing this: this post is not breaking this board’s rules or global rules. Everybody will listen to and respect your opinion, if you decide to join the discussion. I ask you to treat me and other members with the same respect and refrain from stating your opinion and closing the thread right after.

Saying it doesn't make it so. I do not believe that this thread was made in good faith to discuss theft, but to rag on staff for their handling of the deoxer v. iTemp complaint.

I think you have a hate boner for staff.
-----
Would like to add how you were all "innocent until proven guilty" on your own thread, but here you've just assumed iTemp to be guilty given the same level of testimony.
Last edited by fudgiebalz; Aug 17, 2020 at 02:44 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
alright guy
the crazy thing is there is yet ONE SINGLE evidence on this whole thing other than taking someone’s word for sending me $135 more than he should have and I was already incarcerated for something that isn’t even supported nor given evidence on the whole situation so they are ASSUMING. I’ve already been held on some charges but even then these charges seem blatantly crazy since this game doesn’t support usd duels crazy no? I do not see any rules in the game that says SPECIFICALLY “you shall receive punishment if a user sends u an amount over than needed” if you think about it this analogy should shine some light. Let’s say homeless person and someone who gives the homeless person $50 and white the homeless dude buys a drink and food the original person who gave him $50 comes back and blatantly accuses the homeless person that he stole his money, and is asking for $45 back and that “he meant to give him $5 instead” Did I also go into anyone’s bank account to take money from them in any way?, no and I haven’t even committed to any crime or anything lol
There is even evidence on deoxer given to me by some anonymous people that he sent apparently $150 and he didn’t even care? crazy no? (Could post screenshots if anyone is willing to see!)

Staff could easily take different measures to this, spawn deoxer items and such since they have they power to do so yet they won’t because they aren’t accountable for this user so they could not bother with that

I have evidence on creati0n calling deoxer a moron for it and to send back something that I didn’t deserve? but voluntarily gave? SO why am I one to be punished for something I did not steal or anything?
Last edited by iTemp; Aug 17, 2020 at 04:31 PM.
- Why does our community tolerate theft, when everywhere in the world it is considered a crime?
theft is against the rules wherever staff is able to reasonably combat it. the community generally doesn't tolerate theft

- Do you agree that thieves’ actions should not be exposed, because it may bring hate upon them?
exposed in the way that you have, when the problem is between two people and staff? yes. trying to incite a witch hunt against someone is a very perverted sense of justice. work on that

- Do you agree that thieves' actions should not be discussed, because it may be offensive to them?
as long as conversation stays responsible and civil, no. if it's a witch hunt, see above. there is, though, definitely an argument for threads like this potentially messing with investigations

- Do you agree that people should get banned for things like slurs and toxicity(not to bring up my experiences, where I was getting banned on suspicion of striking a fair deal) but not for blatant theft?
i agree that this is a blatantly bad faith question. there should be repercussions for slurs/toxicity and theft, but only after the claims against the perpetrator are properly investigated
Last edited by shit; Aug 17, 2020 at 04:43 PM.
shit
Grohenbird: then, by your logic, if somebody accidentally drops their wallet on the street, it is not theft to pick it up and run?

Yes, deoxer made a mistake of sending extra money(which he wasn't even obliged to do, since USD duels are not supported). You are right to blame him for that. But you cannot blame him for the fact that itemp decided to keep it. That is entirely itemp's fault.

Is accidentally dropping your wallet identical to volutarily sending money to someone? Use a better example, because anyone with common sense can differentiate the two. deoxer didn't trip and spill 150 euros into iTemp's bank account. He mistyped the value, got a second pop-up verifying this amount (which he also didn't seem to read, lol), and sent it. The only accident seems to be him missing the zero, which is understandable.

I am not defending iTemp, and I agree that keeping it was not a kind thing to do, but keeping money that was sent to you in a duel is something I would as well. USD duels are not enforced (until now, apparently, since iTemp is getting punished for it even though there is zero precedent for it), and as such, people participating in them need to be extremely careful about how they handle them. deoxer was not careful, and paid the price for it.

If you want a solution, petition staff to support USD duels and set guidelines on expected practice. Do not sit here and defend a practice that isn't supported by the official staff of the game just because it helps fit your narrative of someone you dislike being a bad person. This public witch hunt isn't going to solve anything and just makes you look petty.
I think I might be retired.
where's the evidence is what i would like to know

surely there is a receipt for this sort of thing right?
i would like to see evidence from both itemp and deoxer instead of "i think this guy scammed him" and "i think he didnt"

at this point the community got involved so it's only right to show us the evidence instead of just sending it to staff because we all are dying to know who is right in this situation

i mean i certainly am
Last edited by skizz; Aug 17, 2020 at 10:43 PM.