Ranking
Original Post
Your toribash story
This is a little open ended, but what does toribash mean to you? Have your views changed over time and if you're an older member, what does it mean for you today? What do you look forward to in the future?

For me, Toribash was my childhood game, I joined when I was 12 years old and I'm 25 as of this post. Back then it was just a really cool game that me and my sister played. I played from 2009 to 2011 then took a few years off. From 2014 to now I've done a lot and made a lot of amazing friends. Looking back I think this is really a special game with very talented and interesting players. In 2017 I wanted to make items for the game so I taught myself how to do game art. I have a skill set now that I really enjoy as a hobby along side toribash, which was brought on BY toribash.
I joined dis game when I was like 10. I actually started playing it on the WII after wanting it forever, begging my parents to download it on their mac. Was the coolest thing to me. After a while, I heard about these GM dudes and they were like these people with super powers, so I made 20 gm apps hence forth. After like 6 years, being a developer, being a mod, whatever the fuck, I joined the event squad. Actually was pretty lit. Every other position absolutely blows and smods dont do shit and lucy’s name is red on the list of ms staff like a special child. I merged off topic into itself in like 2015 just to see that only the good staff members actually cleaned it up which was kinda sad, but funny.

Besides that, as it turns out, if your position is vague and hold a lot of power, then your ego compensates for the lack of direction unless you’re Solax or Suo. If you’re position is direct and you have a team, you don’t need an ego to justify your existence since you’re not 10 or European.

After all said and done, I still post here because I grew up with the game and will always make fun of that fact that we are dead and still try to have a bunch of staff teams and nonsense. I mean, we’re politically sponsoring a country in a war. It’s just a group of dudes now, not a serious game.

This is what the game means to me. New users are cool. Old users are cool unless they are not

And what I say in toribash, deserves to stay in toribash, and we got this maya bitch who is a terrroist going around causing mayhem (pretty verbatum) threatening to “expose” stupid bullshit to bosses at a job etc and all the staff with no real purpose hitting their hand on their chest and drooling

Ty
Last edited by Link; Aug 31, 2022 at 02:34 AM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
hey man im only a kid named piss
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
im skizz and i downloaded this game 13 years ago and played on a guest account. staff sucks.
i saw oblivion do ninja moves when i was 11 and here i am

then in 2015 met another shitter by the name of shoddy who introduces me to many other shitters and i improve at ninja moves very fast
Glimpsed
My toribash experience was boring until I met kaito
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Indonesian? | Magical Mode!
Chronoptic energy bursts from one plane to the other, evaporating anything it touches.

I found this game on the internet when i was like 12. I played the browser version then downloaded the PC version and for me at that time it was an amazing game, an intresting concept that made me stay. Then i found out about the forum and all the community related things and i started being active on the forum too, made new friends (i met my 2nd IRL best friend right here on this forum), tried to apply for a staff position many times, but never succeded and for the past like 5-6 years wasn't so in-game active anymore and for some years not even forum active.

Rn i'm looking forward for what they can do with toribash next, but other than that i think my story with toribash in general kinda ended. I'm still kinda active on the forum, but rarely post.

So yeah this game was a big part of my childhood if i could say and i'm grateful for all the memories and people i got to know here.
I found Toribash from some old TB clan Vid BNCY which doesn't exist now but I think it was around 2011-ish. I was a big fan of Physics based game since I suck at pirating games back then as a kid and usually the genre is free, then I started playing the weirdest shit till I came to discover another weird game called Toribash. Spending aikido games and creating alts having no idea I am scamming people because I don't know how duels work and I have no idea about forums (a decade now I still think dueling system is so primitive). Came back in 2013 since markiplier made the game more popular and then to discover Mocucha sparring vids, which is a final catayst for my addiction for replay making.

Toribash filled my childhood, it teached me how to speak english (including racist slurs) and indirectly influenced me on 3D Animations, and Programming (from replay hacking stuff, big thanks to nuthug and lua scripters which greatly influenced me to what I am today a Web-Dev). 2013-2017 was a great year for me and I wish TB Next could replicate that but I doubt it can.
Found toribash when I was like 14 in 2008 or 2009 because I was looking for free to play games, since I didn't have any money and was tired of browser games.
Don't know how but somehow I found toribash, back then I wasn't really playing it for long and it wasn't until 2010 when I came back to it and gave it another go, because of boredom.
I just played judo tourneys and occationally won 500tc. (I had 3 accounts in the tourneys to raise my chances. confession time I guess )
Then I noticed you could trade textures for TC and I wanted to color my tori. So I bought texture items and sold google images as tribal textures until I got a graphic tablet ^^
I got to know the german clan GerU (and to this day I absolutely love the clan video R4ff did back then.) and I wanted in. Then I got their leader until we got shut down due to inactivity
... blah blah blah ...

Even though I'm basically inactive I still have tb bookmarked and browse the forums every other day ^^
TB means a lot to me, without it I would've never gotten photoshop and might not even be interested in game development, which is my full time job now.
Met a lot of nice people here ^^ and love to see old folk coming back
0118 999 881 999 119 725 3