Ranking
Originally Posted by btrotciv View Post

ah yes the one true god
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Nomad Moderated Message:
Be more straightforward with your uplifting messages or I'll fucking skin you alive.
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
The issue with this debate is that both of our arguments are equally valid because neither of us can prove beyond reasonable doubt that we're correct. Religious scriptures are only evidence when you have faith in them, which I am incapable of because they aren't actually concrete evidence. I'd say that this is your truth, rather than THE truth

well you can prove that a higher being does exist , you can not prove a god does not exist, how did the universe start ? the big bang? we know that everyone that exists has a reason , what caused the big bang , going on further what started the thing that started the big bang if we keep on going we end up in a infinite regression , except if you want to go against 'science' and say something without a begging started it , which we know as god

Originally Posted by cutterchop View Post
well you can prove that a higher being does exist , you can not prove a god does not exist, how did the universe start ? the big bang? we know that everyone that exists has a reason , what caused the big bang , going on further what started the thing that started the big bang if we keep on going we end up in a infinite regression , except if you want to go against 'science' and say something without a begging started it , which we know as god

The idea of the big bang happening because of god is just as much a manmade theory as any other explanation people have come up with, you just choose what to believe based on your environment, upbringing etc.

Just to clarify im not trying to say im more "correct" than someone with faith in a certain higher power, i've more just been illustrating why trying to convert people to your religion wont work a lot of the time, especially online where everyone has vastly different circumstances
Last edited by Glimpsed; Sep 30, 2022 at 05:06 PM.
Glimpsed
I think we strayed a little bit from the topic "Keys to attain success in this life and the afterlife". God (Allah) is perfect and has 99 names. I also want to admonish about a day where we all will be judged accordingly to our actions, this message will guide the people that fear God's punishment but the wretched one will ignore it and will be in the fire, where you neither die nor live.
I'm a Verified Toricredits Seller & Marketeer!
everyone measures success differently

for me, a successful life will be:

- financially stable

- peak physical fitness

- establishing a business that creates a legacy in your name after physical death (for example, creating a company that lasts 100 years+)

- creating a family to share memories with

- experiencing as much as possible on the planet with the time you have

imo this is what constitutes success in life
Pushing powder down my musket so I may smite another opp.
I put a switch and a beam on my blunderbuss, your hood is not safe.
Originally Posted by yuki View Post
this message will guide the people that fear God's punishment but the wretched one will ignore it and will be in the fire, where you neither die nor live.

I think threatening people with eternal suffering or using big ideas of "damnation" is a pretty unethical way to get someone to believe something. It especially wreaks havoc in the mind of impressionable kids

also yeah to answer the point of this thread, I just think success is realizing the ideal person you envision yourself becoming. Financial freedom and shit is a part of that for me, as well as being able to do something that doesn't feel like work for money. In all the parallel universes where I exist, I wanna be in the one where I don't have to question whether I could have pursued my goals harder. I also hope nobody ever convinces me to have kids man
Last edited by Glimpsed; Oct 1, 2022 at 01:02 PM.
Glimpsed
to a kid looking up to me, life aint nothing but bitches and money
Last edited by Link; Oct 1, 2022 at 06:20 PM.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
The idea of the big bang happening because of god is just as much a manmade theory as any other explanation people have come up with, you just choose what to believe based on your environment, upbringing etc.

Just to clarify im not trying to say im more "correct" than someone with faith in a certain higher power, i've more just been illustrating why trying to convert people to your religion wont work a lot of the time, especially online where everyone has vastly different circumstances

well i am not sure who is converting anyone , i only brang up god existence, for me the existence of the universe starting from nothing is not as likely as a higher being and that is what i am trying to say only

Originally Posted by yuki View Post
What do you think is needed for one to attain success in this earth life and in the afterlife?

For me it's about sharing experiences and leaving a mark. If I leave someone else's life in a more positive state than when I entered, I consider that a success. Afterall personal achievements die with you, but interpersonal connections live on through others.