Toribash
Original Post
Need help with GTA4/GFX card
Well, I got GTA 4 some days ago and I'm having some problems with it...

My graphics card has 1755 MB of memory, but In gta its says that I'm only using 128MB, Why?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The best way to keep yourself motivated is to learn how to hate your life to the point where you want to get revenge on existence itself.
What GPU do you have?

It could be that all that memory is shared. My 9800GT 512 mb shows up as 2303 mb in the gpu proprieties even tho its physical memory is just 512 mb. Shared memory is slow and results in low performance.
Proud member of [Pandora]
It's Intel(R) HD graphics
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

The best way to keep yourself motivated is to learn how to hate your life to the point where you want to get revenge on existence itself.
Do you have the latest patch for GTA 4 installed, along with the latest update for your video card?

And what graphics card do you have?
1º Where can I download the last GTA patch?
2º Yeah, my GFX card is updated.
Originally Posted by Void View Post
It's Intel(R) HD graphics

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

You need to be a bit more specific than that lol. I was referring to the actual full name of it.

I think you can get it from the official site, assuming you got the game through legal manners. If it's not there then remember google is always your friend when it comes to this.
The full name is "Intel(R) HD Graphic (core i3) "

And yes, I bought the game
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

Then I can't help you much here I think. Haven't even heard of Intel graphic cards, I think they might be some low budget integrated video cards or something. Not even google gives me much info about that card ^^

Try to update GTA 4 and see how that goes. If it still shows 128 mb then that is your real memory. I would be surprised if it was as much as you said it was, considering that only the high end of the Nvidia/ATI video cards reach that physical memory.
Your card cannot handle GTA 4.
"Can't see California with Marlon Brando's eyes"

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]

"She isn't real.... Can't make her real"
>Thinking you have a dedicated graphics card

>Intel HD graphics

MFW

Buy a graphics card

[Evil] is recruiting!

<DesiTwist> terty plays tb with the ghost turned off, uke turned off and uses that mouse with the ball in it