Toribash
Original Post
Your scariest injury
I once fell with a q-tip on my ear. It penetrated my eardrum and I couldn’t hear properly from my right ear. I couldn’t sleep for a few days due to the pain and I thought I would never hear properly from my right ear again. Thankfully, it healed naturally within 2 weeks.
Hi Loona. I'm glad you're doing better and thinks have healed naturally.

Thankfully I hadn't suffered too much in terms of injuries in this life. My worst would be a fractured (almost all the way through) toe joint (the big one) after taking a fall playing soccer. What was strange was, it wasn't painful. Having never suffered a broken bone before, I wasn't aware what it's supposed to feel like. I felt something not in place and instinctively tussled with my toe to "put it back into place" but I'm certain this worsened the injury. Again, I pretty much limp-walked home and then later an x-ray displayed how bad it was.

If anyone takes away anything, it'd be that if you doubt you have broken something, or it don't feel in place, don't touch it. Treat it like it's broken, have a professional look at it. No - it's not always excruciating unbearable pain.
. . .
list0 on Discord, reach out for inquiries.
Or send me a private message, I'm responsive.

[7:19 PM] Aliosa: Can't have loopholes if there are no loops.

[9:14 AM] Viddah: Just remember if you step on toes youre gonna have to suck on them to make the pain go away
[9:16 AM] [Faux_fan]ancient: put me in the screenshot
In 6th grade a pitbull bit me in the face.

This past January I almost cut my thumb off at work because my box cutter broke.
used to ride bmx and failed a jump and split my forehead and chin open on 2 occasions

forehead had to get like 6-7 stitches
chin got 4
i’ve quit bmx because i don’t want anymore injuries
ive had worse injuries but the most diabolical one was when i stubbed my little toe really hard on the corner of a table and it went like completely sideways and broke

fracturing my wrist was way worse but thinking about the toe stubbing brings the pain back man

i've also dislocated and relocated both shoulders multiple times doing parkour because im a lego man
Glimpsed
not really an injury but I was in some of the worst pain of my life

a couple months ago I had labyrinthitis, an infection of the inner ear, which resulted from neglecting antibiotics after my wisdom teeth removal

this, in most cases, causes a symptom known as vertigo, which basically fooled my brain into thinking I was constantly dizzy/off balance

and that fucked me up, the room was constantly moving and it felt like I was always car sick off a 13 hour road trip; nausea would come and go and it tortured me

I was vomiting 12-13 times a day despite not having the appetite to eat anything, and I had some of the worst headaches I’ve ever been cursed with

the pain in the infected ear was nigh unbearable, and at one point I went completely deaf in my right ear; I guess my body thought all that wasn’t sufficient enough, so it slapped on a severe lack of taste too

the 4 days I spent in hospital felt like purgatory, and some of the symptoms remained for weeks after I was discharged

take your antibiotics kids
part of the uri-nation rateyourmusic
you clean your ears with a toothpick while listening to explosive diarrhea blood rectum metal
Me and my friends were hanging out they were swinging me on a hammock I fell my knee landed right on a stone and broke my bone in half. Yeah.
Last edited by John; Aug 20, 2022 at 04:51 PM.
water entering my ear once when I was in a pool. Or probably the day I feel downstairs and hit my head in an iron bin.
retired replaymaker | discord: victortb#9592
Setting a large gymnastics trampoline away, hard to explain if you've never seen one be put up/away before but basically, there are 2 separate wheeles with large poles on it that act like a spring, you attach them to the sides of the trampoline (2 people on each side) and you lower the lever down to the right (you have to be pretty strong/heavy to pull it) which then lifts to the trampoline up so you can wheel it around... what you do once the lever is at a 360 turn (facing down) you then put this pin in the middle so it locks the spring lever, mine didn't have a knob on it so it was literally just a bolt/screw, I put the pin in which took me a few tries because it had no knob, wiggled it to make sure the lever was stuck in place and won't spring back, started moving the trampoline for around 30 seconds to put it away and out of no where, i turn to the left of where the lever is to move this trampoline and the lever just springs back 180 and bashed my forehead, I now have a Harry Potter scar on my forehead (which has thankfully healed okay and isn't that noticable unless when it's hot)

I'm a lifeguard/first aid trained so i luckily had some other first aid trained lads with me. Thankfully I didn't get a concussion or brain damage and the doctor i saw that night and said i was lucky it didn't pretty much fuck my head up as much as it did or hit my eye, nose etc.

Oh also i'd say the second one that could almost be actually worse is I got hydrochloric acid spilt on me whilst i was working with pool plant stuff underground, basically we had no more hydrochloric acid barrels but we did have this old barrel that didn't have the right lid fitting for this tube to put in it and tighten it, so we had to suit up into our hazmat suits, gas masks, all that jazz and pretty much pour this dangerous shit into another barrel, the lids are maybe twice the size as a normal sized bottle cap? so pretty small gap... the guy who was lifting this barrel of acid and pouring it into the other barrel I was holding still, slipped out of his hands and covered the floor which disolved our shoes almost immediately and what's not the best idea is we had Chlorine tablets on the other side of the room... you know what happens when you mix Hydrochloric acid and chlorine? CHLORINE GAS, you know when chlorine gas was used? IN WW2 TO GAS PEOPLE OUT... was not a fun experience...

Be careful working with pools fellas and make sure you wear your PPE... i know people who have fucked around and not worn PPE whilst doing what i do, and they are now bed bound in hospital, especially chlorine gas.
Last edited by max; Aug 20, 2022 at 10:34 PM.