Toribash
Original Post
The keys to attain success in this life and in the afterlife
Hi! May the Peace be upon you.

What do you think is needed for one to attain success in this earth life and in the afterlife?

For me, they are:

— The books revealed by God (The Tora, The Evangelion, Book of Moses, Book of Abraham, Book of Psalms and the Holy Qur'an)

— The remembrance of God (There is no one worthy of worship but God).

— Purification of the body through water or sand also known as Tayammum.

— Prayers to God.

— Patience.

— To tell the truth.

— To do charity to help the poor, the needy and the traveler.
Last edited by yuki; Sep 25, 2022 at 07:08 PM.
I'm a Verified Toricredits Seller & Marketeer!
I don't believe in the afterlife. I wasn't alive until 1997, which is an arbitrary year in human history and even less significant in terms of the history of the Animal kingdom. When I die, I'll just be dead. I hope to lead a moral lifestyle and leave behind a positive legacy.

I'm not saying your view point is invalid, I just have a different view.
Please, read thoroughly what i wrote and asked.
Last edited by yuki; Sep 24, 2022 at 07:59 PM.
It's as simple as doing your best in my eyes, and having no regrets

I'd like to think that if there is a higher power, they're omniscient enough to understand that I'm somebody who needs a reasonable level of evidence to believe in something, and omnibenevolent enough to forgive me for who I am in that case. Anything other than that would be a contradiction and mean that they either aren't all-knowing or all-loving. There's a whole lot of people on earth who believe in different things and still lead perfectly altruistic lives, so I think that a god who would (eternally) punish someone (with damnation) for believing the 'wrong' thing, for reasons beyond their control, wouldn't be a god worth looking up to at all.
Glimpsed
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
It's as simple as doing your best in my eyes, and having no regrets

I'd like to think that if there is a higher power, they're omniscient enough to understand that I'm somebody who needs a reasonable level of evidence to believe in something, and omnibenevolent enough to forgive me for who I am in that case. Anything other than that would be a contradiction and mean that they either aren't all-knowing or all-loving. There's a whole lot of people on earth who believe in different things and still lead perfectly altruistic lives, so I think that a god who would (eternally) punish someone (with damnation) for believing the 'wrong' thing, for reasons beyond their control, wouldn't be a god worth looking up to at all.

You're smart, Glimpsed. I cannot give you evidence but i'm admonishing you that everything that we're doing on earth is not in vain, and there is a higher authority. If you want evidence, i suggest you and beg you to read the books revealed by God. They're guides for life and success.
A fact is that believing in the wrong thing you're not harming God (Allah) at all, only yourself. As there's a benevolent supreme authority there's also a maleficent being that is an enemy to all mankind, and that is Satan.

The truth is: we all sin and do good deeds, there's a day when we will all be resurrected by God to be rewarded or punished for everything that we did on earth.
-----
Originally Posted by akina View Post
also no such thing as afterlife exists so doesnt matter what u do

Prove it.
Last edited by yuki; Sep 26, 2022 at 02:06 PM. Reason: <24 hour edit/bump
Make sure your finances are right so you can actually date the girl in your life.

Smoke cigarettes. Drink Alcohol.
Chickster: I literally don't know why I did it.
Originally Posted by yuki View Post
You're smart, Glimpsed. I cannot give you evidence but i'm admonishing you that everything that we're doing on earth is not in vain, and there is a higher authority. If you want evidence, i suggest you and beg you to read the books revealed by God. They're guides for life and success.
A fact is that believing in the wrong thing you're not harming God (Allah) at all, only yourself. As there's a benevolent supreme authority there's also a maleficent being that is an enemy to all mankind, and that is Satan.

The truth is: we all sin and do good deeds, there's a day when we will all be resurrected by God to be rewarded or punished for everything that we did on earth.

The issue with this debate is that both of our arguments are equally valid because neither of us can prove beyond reasonable doubt that we're correct. Religious scriptures are only evidence when you have faith in them, which I am incapable of because they aren't actually concrete evidence. I'd say that this is your truth, rather than THE truth
Glimpsed
Originally Posted by Glimpsed View Post
I'd say that this is your truth, rather than THE truth

I really like this!! The religious scriptures mention that we can only get close of THE TRUTH.
The mysteries of the earth and heaven belong to God (Allah) alone.

Thank you for commenting.
Last edited by yuki; Sep 26, 2022 at 05:34 PM.