Ranking
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Somehow I see Lua as similar to c++ just with a few othe commands, am I right? or c+ ofc

Edit: And I was wondering, I have seen a script function the goes like, "set_grip_info", are there any functions like: "get_grip_info"?
Last edited by Tapion; Jan 12, 2009 at 05:45 PM.
Sigma | Gata
Lost pet looking for home
Originally Posted by Tapion View Post
Somehow I see Lua as similar to c++ just with a few othe commands, am I right? or c+ ofc

Edit: And I was wondering, I have seen a script function the goes like, "set_grip_info", are there any functions like: "get_grip_info"?

1) I cant say that lua is the same as cpp or something. It's more like python, perl and other script languages.

2) get_grip_info exists.
An example of usement u can see in SL7549's movesaver script
Last edited by iLLepidus; Jan 13, 2009 at 01:01 AM.
thumbing through the bands I be playin' with the check, keep it real 'til I die, put it on my set Tapion's Avatar
4th Dan Black Belt
Thanks iLLE
Sigma | Gata
Question:
Is it possible to simulate space press event with lua script?
I mean ending turns with lua in multiplayer.

I was trying run_frames() but it's not what i really need.
Last edited by iLLepidus; Jan 13, 2009 at 11:27 AM.
Not as far as i remember.
run_frames is for singleplayer :P
:D
4th Dan Black Belt
So, I just wanna know what fatal mistakes I made in this very script I was trying to make, which just got really bad. I will tell you what it's about. When one player damages the other, the damaged player fractures one random joint. and does a "random" move. And tell me if the "a.player" and "a.injury" is a real thing.

Here the file is, look over it and help me if you can, or you can make it work for me so I can see the changes. ^^
Attached Files
Fracturing.lua (931 Bytes, 7 views)
Sigma | Gata
Question:
Is it possible to get currient game mod with lua?
(what are u playing now - "judo.tbm" or "wushu.tbm" or...)
Use get_game_rules().mod.

Also, if you want to set the mod and the game rules, you have to set the mod, reset, set the rules, and reset again.

Is there a workaround so you don't have to reset twice other than putting the game rules in the mod? (or, is it possible to change the contents of the mod file through Lua?)
Last edited by cuckooman4; Jan 23, 2009 at 01:13 AM.
how to get the world builder please reply please!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!
that dosent get people to answer sometimes...

and this is sorta offtopic, it really should be in support. this is for questions about lua programming, not wheter you can aquire a certain program due to a bug in the newest version of toribash

back on topic:
make a text file (using notepad) called zzz.lua. save it in the scripts folder, in the data folder, in your toribash folder.

it dosent show up because theirs a bug that makes the last item on every list not show up.

hope this helped

-------------------------------------------------------

EDIT:

im thinking of learning lua scripts. ive allready prettu much got allot stuff about modding, and i want to try my hand at this. but first i need to see if its worthwhile.

i dont knwo much about lua scripts, but:
can it be used to do more things than modding?
are all the things in modding able to be done iwth lua scripts?
how long does it take to learn lua scripting?
how can you use lua scripting (sp/mp)?
Last edited by blkk; Feb 4, 2009 at 06:38 AM.
- its been a while