Toribash
Original Post
Better punishment for Set/art stealers
So, I was chatting with a person in a server when we started talking about stolen art.

Why is it that they can wear stolen art, take it off in a 24 hour period, and not be punished?

What I am suggesting is, that the people WHO DO take it off receive a certain amount of infraction points.
Really does depend on the case.
There are people who find texture flats posted around and decide to use them, not knowing that it's not allowed.
BAD LUCK
That is true, but by giving them an infraction, they now know not to do it again.

or

The person handing out the infraction could gauge the severity of the situation and hand out the infraction accordingly.
Are you referring to a particular instance where someone did this and was not punished?
Texture theft and plagiarism are things we do take very seriously but as firebolty said, it is circumstantial. Sometimes we may not infract but I don't know of any time a report of something like that was received and it was ignored. At the very minimum the user will be contacted and given an explanation of what they did wrong.
I'm having a hard time understanding what you're getting at with this. :s
the "better punishment" you are suggesting, is just regular punishment.
are you suggesting they punish people like they normally do?
-=Art is never finished, only abandoned=-
I think it is just fine how it is back when I was a 2nd Dan I was wearing someone else's set and I didn't know I wasn't allowed because I'll I did was look up "free toribash art" and I put on whatever I found but I didn't know that some of the stuff people owned so someone I can't remember who told me that it wasn't allowed and I got what he meant and he told me what would happen if I continued (infractions, bans, etc) and I learned the lesson and I have never done it since see the 24 hours thing is called giving people a chance
|Jacklox2| |Frost| |MrBeany| |Nugget| |Sheetboy| xFIRExGAME |
Originally Posted by mody9 View Post
i think the better punish is taking (Qi or tc) of him

Lol no that would fuck everything up and if you made the tc fairly no one should have the right to take it from you
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
There's no need to have a better punishment, I think if Staff Moderators see a guy who doesn't stop stealing they will give a decision together
Running away...
Originally Posted by Solax View Post
Are you referring to a particular instance where someone did this and was not punished?
Texture theft and plagiarism are things we do take very seriously but as firebolty said, it is circumstantial. Sometimes we may not infract but I don't know of any time a report of something like that was received and it was ignored. At the very minimum the user will be contacted and given an explanation of what they did wrong.
I'm having a hard time understanding what you're getting at with this. :s

I am not referring to a specific situation. I am saying that when staff allows someone a 24 hour period to take off the stolen art they are wearing, and they do take it off they should still receive a punishment.
Originally Posted by BenDover View Post
the "better punishment" you are suggesting, is just regular punishment.
are you suggesting they punish people like they normally do?

So they already give them infractions? If so just tell me so I can close the thread.

Originally Posted by mody9 View Post
i think the better punish is taking (Qi or tc) of him

No

Originally Posted by Superseba View Post
There's no need to have a better punishment, I think if Staff Moderators see a guy who doesn't stop stealing they will give a decision together

That it true, but I am talking about when someone takes it off in the time period the staff sets (24 hours). The people that do take it off in that time period should still receive a punishment (even if just a small one)