Toribash
Original Post
What's the purpose of participating in Discussion sub-forum?
It kinda looks like, from the outside, that people just spend like 15min a longpost stating their opinion and nobody cares.

Do, why do people actually participate?
Originally Posted by JSnuffMARS View Post
It kinda looks like, from the outside, that people just spend like 15min a longpost stating their opinion and nobody cares.

Do, why do people actually participate?

Outside of discussion topics that lead to a change of something (I. e. Topics about some feature in toribash) there isnt much to it than the simple point of discussing.

Its really just to see other opinions on stuff you care about, and stating your own.
h
You're asking why people discuss things? Variety of reasons. Some do it for fun (me), some do it for sport (Gorman) and many do it because they're interested in the topic and they want to share their thoughts on it (and see what other people think about their thoughts).

It's an intellectual pursuit that requires a bit of effort, so if you don't like it, that's fine - it's not for everyone.
Everyone is farming for posts people like box get all the girls with their post count I mean all these bulky guys these Chad thunder cocks leave guys like me out in the dust they never want the nice guy it's always about how long your post count is "why can't you have 13k posts like druggedpanda?"
Last edited by Pimp; Feb 3, 2016 at 01:21 PM.
“Aaah rum zum zum aaah rum zum zum booly booly booly booly booly rum zum zum”
Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
Everyone is farming for posts people like box get all the girls with their post count I mean all these bulky guys these Chad thunder cocks leave guys like me out in the dust they never want the nice guy

all nice except there's only like maybe 2-3 active girls playing in Toribash, alltogether

the male / female ration here is worse or on par than in hook-up dating websites.

have you tried "Tinder"? M/F active user ratio is a legit 3/1 there
all nice except there's only like maybe 2-3 active girls playing in Toribash, alltogether

the male / female ration here is worse or on par than in hook-up dating websites.

In the words of tyzi if you're a girl and you play tb yo fart box stinks
I'm talking irl I mean you would think with a custom belt I'd be getting all the girls but no its always about the post count some girls even count words per post they should take a page from my English teacher "Its not about how long it is its about how strong it is"

Also I have soical phobia so im hoping the girls will see my custom belt and get drawn in I don't I have the self esteem levels to ask or join a dating website what if they laugh
Last edited by Pimp; Feb 3, 2016 at 01:35 PM.
It's fun to discuss things and find out why tf people think what they think. Most people have really not thought through their opinions at all, or are really bad at expressing them. But it's more than just that, it's interesting to see how people behave and react, the way that they express their argument, how they deal with challenges, and especially having their opinion disagreed with in public.

Not to long ago I talked to a guy that was really angry at me and always flaming me calling me a moron and saying everything I said was wrong. Anyway once I actually talked to him it turns out he actually agreed with everything I said, but he was just really really bad at communicating and he was one of those people who think it's 'cool' to flame constantly.

He would say things like "moron, all games are single threaded" then I talked to him and he admits "ok, you are right, for the last 20+ years all games are multithreaded, but single threaded performance is more important". It was like that for a list of maybe 10 objections that he had flamed me over. Every one he would admit "ok, you are right", but he would never admit it in public and would always flame me behind my back because of his ego and "I'm an asshole and a bigot, deal with it" tough boy attitude.

I remember a long time ago people like Odlov or Mister616 or Hyde, plus the "3 Unholy Tyrants" (just made that name up) - Juntalis, Vox, and BP, and also people who rarely post but when they do it's fun (eg hanz0), they would always be good fun. Now days we have Ele, Zelda, Oracle, hawkes, ynvaser, etc. Lots of good guys to have fun with. Though there are also some randoms who are enthusiastic about random topics too.

So in summary, mainly just good banter.
<Faint> the rules have been stated quite clearly 3 times now from high staff
the forums are active enough to have actual conversations with multiple people, and the discussion board is a nice place to "try" to have either intellectual or just 'interesting' conversations
The past makes you wanna die out of regret, and future makes you depressed out of anxiety. So by elimination, the present is likely the happiest time.
Originally Posted by ThePirateKing View Post
the forums are active enough to have actual conversations with multiple people, and the discussion board is a nice place to "try" to have either intellectual or just 'interesting' conversations

it's very biased but for me it's like fuk that, cause such activity is not "hot" enough for my time you know what I mean dawg... like, naaah
that's why I'm not posting there as well, as rule of thumb, if you got the clue there

Originally Posted by Pimp View Post
In the words of tyzi if you're a girl and you play tb yo fart box stinks
I'm talking irl I mean you would think with a custom belt I'd be getting all the girls but no its always about the post count some girls even count words per post they should take a page from my English teacher "Its not about how long it is its about how strong it is"

Also I have soical phobia so im hoping the girls will see my custom belt and get drawn in I don't I have the self esteem levels to ask or join a dating website what if they laugh

quoting master Julien, if you cannot get girls with "Pimp", you just don't get it, this is it, you're just not meant to reproduce. Just accept it and invest yourself in other areas of your life.

Originally Posted by ImmortalPig View Post
It's fun to discuss things and find out why tf people think what they think. Most people have really not thought through their opinions at all, or are really bad at expressing them. But it's more than just that, it's interesting to see how people behave and react, the way that they express their argument, how they deal with challenges, and especially having their opinion disagreed with in public.

Not to long ago I talked to a guy that was really angry at me and always flaming me calling me a moron and saying everything I said was wrong. Anyway once I actually talked to him it turns out he actually agreed with everything I said, but he was just really really bad at communicating and he was one of those people who think it's 'cool' to flame constantly.

He would say things like "moron, all games are single threaded" then I talked to him and he admits "ok, you are right, for the last 20+ years all games are multithreaded, but single threaded performance is more important". It was like that for a list of maybe 10 objections that he had flamed me over. Every one he would admit "ok, you are right", but he would never admit it in public and would always flame me behind my back because of his ego and "I'm an asshole and a bigot, deal with it" tough boy attitude.

I remember a long time ago people like Odlov or Mister616 or Hyde, plus the "3 Unholy Tyrants" (just made that name up) - Juntalis, Vox, and BP, and also people who rarely post but when they do it's fun (eg hanz0), they would always be good fun. Now days we have Ele, Zelda, Oracle, hawkes, ynvaser, etc. Lots of good guys to have fun with. Though there are also some randoms who are enthusiastic about random topics too.

So in summary, mainly just good banter.

"Hanzo"...
Last edited by JSnuffMARS; Feb 3, 2016 at 09:35 PM.
it's very biased but for me it's like fuk that, cause such activity is not "hot" enough for my time you know what I mean dawg... like, naaah
that's why I'm not posting there as well, as rule of thumb, if you got the clue there .

why are you posting in discussion if its a waste of time