ES Recruitment Drive
Original Post
Bad sportsmanship?
Is it considered bad sportsmanship to type in a winking face or smiling face after a match? I ask because I see as a form of gloating and am more reluctant to acknowledge the ''gg'' tradition. I see as childish, a bit feminine and all around un-unnecessary so what is it about is it to be a smart-ass? or an indirect way to gloat?.
Present to me the most beautiful woman, and I shall reward you with chronos
Sportmanship? My team exudes nothing but sportmanship (Highschool Baseball)

Mainly cause we have to and unless the other team disrespects us we have no reason to be mean or gloat. PLUS anyone who does get pussyfooted around "bad" sportsmanship just need to grow some balls.

Came on a little brash but... meh
But in all reality... I think I might be insane...
So you're saying don't complain about sportsmanship or...? sorry but the slang kinda threw me off, but if you're saying don't cry about it that's not the case at all, I'm just simply asking the purpose of a winking face after a match.
I hate it when people gloat, and either suck, or lose. In sports, many teams will spit on their hands, before the game and shake hands with me. Pisses me the fuck off, but I don't spit back and retaliate. You just try your hardest and show 'em who's boss.
inq.
Originally Posted by AzureMage View Post
So you're saying don't complain about sportsmanship or...? sorry but the slang kinda threw me off, but if you're saying don't cry about it that's not the case at all, I'm just simply asking the purpose of a winking face after a match.

Oh if your talking about video games, anyone who gets winky faced should just get the fuck over it. IT'S A GAME! Same could be said about real life it's a game they were better then you instead of getting mad at them and ruining their celebration just get better so next time you beat and instead of them having a 30 minute tea party in the endzone or home plate. You can, simple enough right?

Also I don't think I answered you in the first paragraph. I mean if you get bad sportsmanship from the guy who beat you, don't get mad, get even (Said by numerous people but I heard it recently from my 8th grade math teacher... which was two years ago :/) Still it reigns true those who get even are more satisified then those who just won in the first place.
Alright perhaps I'm not being specific enough I don't rage at bad sportsmanship gloating etc. that's just pointless, I mean sure it might launch a debate but never a rage or even to the point of cursing. I'm literally only asking about when a player does things like the following:

Gotcha gg
Hehehe ;) gg
Originally Posted by Agentmax View Post
I mean if you get bad sportsmanship from the guy who beat you, don't get mad, get even (Said by numerous people but I heard it recently from my 8th grade math teacher... which was two years ago :/)

I agree with this statement except for the getting even part. Just because someone acts immature towards you doesn't mean you should act immature in return. You can simply just show no response.

When it comes to competition, some people like to gloat when they win and some people don't take losing too lightly. Its just something you have to get accustomed to when playing games/sports. That, trash talking, trolling, people who make excuses when they lose, the 'try-hards.' All of that good stuff.

To actually answer your question though, "gg's" and smiley winking faces can easily be seen in a way that it wasn't intended for. Everyone that says "gg" isn't always gloating and everyone who writes a smiley face after a win isn't always trying to be a douchebag.

To avoid any possible confusion, I just let the loser have the first say all the time.

If the loser says nothing, say nothing back.

If the loser curses you out, say nothing back (or something clever that's not insulting).

If the loser says gg, say gg back.
"Fear not the Tori who has practiced 10,000 openers once, but fear the Tori who has practiced one opener 10,000 times."
I usually throw in a winkie face if I win or lose, just saying *Good job man*. I guess you can take it however you want it.
[10:19] <~Tim> Why the fuck not, I'm insane :D
[12:06] <~Tim> Frost-Dragon: I bet you're sexy
Originally Posted by Frost-Dragon View Post
I usually throw in a winkie face if I win or lose, just saying *Good job man*. I guess you can take it however you want it.

Most people have no spines so that's why their offended by such a simple gesture.