Toribash
Original Post
Suggestions for 4.3 - e-sports release
Hi,

I'm working on the new 4.3 version, the release is focused on features that make tournaments, duels and spectating more exciting, easier to use.

Currently I have on my todo:
- Ingame opener stats (first use, name, win ratio, who found it first)
- Naming of openers used (if you create a new opener, you can also name it)
- Ingame player stats (join date, games played, win ratio etc)
- Mouse over on joint stats (how close to breaking was the join, how much damage did it take)
- Pause tournament or duel (ops can pause a current match)
- /decaprize 1000
"hampa has added a 1000 TC prize for decapitation"

+ the usual bug fixes and tweaks.

If you have any other competitive features, please post in this thread.
Last edited by hampa; Nov 7, 2012 at 02:32 AM.
omg awesome work hampa, I can't wait for the ingame stats =)

when will we see this release?

I don't have anything competitive, but I wonder how cool it would look if you can change FOV.
Awesome ideas! Just a few questions...

- Ingame opener stats (first use, name, win ratio, who found it first)
- Naming of openers used (if you create a new opener, you can also name it)
- Ingame player stats (join date, games played, win ratio etc)

Are you planning on allowing a quick command to use a specific opener? Or is it just stats that show a replay or shot of the opener that you can view? Or neither of these? The quick opener command would be a rather nice feature. (For those lazy people who don't want to constantly click each match)

- Mouse over on joint stats (how close to breaking was the join, how much damage did it take)

This will be a very handy feature for people to use. I'm very interested in how you will implement this. I assume this will also include fractures?

EDIT: Will this be for player use? spectator use? or both?

- Pause tournament or duel (ops can pause a current match)

The pause feature seems very useful but I see a few issues with it. For example, I think a lot of people would pause a match they are about to lose and just quit? (To keep the other person from winning?) Is there a safety feature for an action like this? Also, if one person pauses to take a poop or something the other person can just unpause it and continue with them absent? (In a case of both ops in a duel - or even just one I'd assume) I guess it would really have to be thought through to keep scams at a minimum.

- /decaprize 1000
"hampa has a added a 1000 TC prize for decapitation"

If the /decapprize works out it would be really nice to see it extended into other joints as well. Such as arm dismemberments, splits, and legs. (Depending on how far you want to take that). I also would like to suggest an ingame add bounty command. If you can add decap prizes ingame why not be able to add bounties.

EDIT: Any why not extend that even more to say... /bounty hampa 1000 split

*You have placed a 1k bounty on hampa for a split*

Overall great ideas! I'm excited to see them implemented.

EDIT: Also, how about random prize tournaments? They would appear only once in a while (because you couldn't possibly run something like that 24/7) and instead of TC prizes would send an item prize from a bot inventory. It would contain a lot of cheap items that aren't really that expensive (orc, chronos, etc.) and also contain a few rare items. The point of this is to play the tournaments with hopes of getting lucky and getting a nice rare or expensive item.
Last edited by marcus; Nov 5, 2012 at 05:16 AM.
[spirit]
This is a minor request and yet it will make quite a few people happy . Haveing more official mod style and tournaments such as Sparring or even Parkour. New mods can be created that can be very elaberate due to the object limit.
I think with the Pause thing, You should really have it so both people have to agree on it to let the pause happen, or atleast the majority of people so one person wont be a dick about it
a Public judo server (Judo.tbm) along with (Judofrac.tbm). and Crazy idea. how about a 2v2 mod/server? just throwing that out there
It's Fabulous
Having a 10-turnframe mod (sparring/parkour) would take forever in a tourney, and some people don't want to wait an hour to get a measly 500 - 750 tc prize. (Talking to TRichard)

I think it's a good idea for there to be tourney staff (not just GMs, but a few trusted people who can handle people that quit just before they lose and so start the tourney of, say, 10 people, again). By handle, I mean /fwin the player that could've won the prize but now has to wait an extra 20 odd minutes to have the chance of winning again.

Also, 2v2 mods aren't ever going to happen.
Last edited by Holotor; Nov 5, 2012 at 05:46 AM.
It would be nice...but completely out of what you are working there... to have 4 player brawl....3 player brawl...you know, more than 1 player.
But those things on the to-do are just awesome. I always wonder why the guy that just fell 200 meters didnt break a single part. Nice
He hasn't given a reason, so I shall assume he has gone to break the world record for continuous masturbation ~ Deeza445